“Great Service”

Viking Line - Day Cruises
Ranked #34 of 331 things to do in Helsinki
Reviewed 11 April 2018

Took a day cruise from Helsinki to Stockholm and I must say i was quite impressed with the service these guys offer. I had the time of my life on this cruise tour. You cant afford not to go on one or more of their tours.

2  Thank _kuliwoyes79
Write a ReviewReviews (1,214)
All reviews
"three hours"
"gabriella"
in 40 reviews

Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

We went to cruise from Stockholm - Helsinki - Stockholm and it was pleasant experience. The staff , events and food was great .

Also value for money, if you book in advance.

1  Thank Dharmesh C
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

I took a Lufthansa Surprise flight to Stockholm. I had hoped to be able to visit as much of Scandinavia as possible. The Viking Cruise Line day cruise to Helsinki was amazing.

Check in was very easy. Compared to flying, it was comfortable and relaxing. I had a cabin on the sixth floor with a double bed and a small private bathroom. I've stayed in hotel rooms that were much smaller!

I did the smorgasbord on the first night,and found it out to be amazing. Of course, there was too much food, but everything was prepared and presented beautifully. The trip stopped at Mariehamn, Åland Islands. I stopped off there, but was unaware that it only stayed for a few minutes. I had asked in English whether I could quickly disembark and was told yes. I was certainly surprised when the Viking Line gate manager told me that the Gabriella had left!

I gave this cruise line 5 stars for many reasons, but this one showed superior customer service: Viking Line Cruises arranged for me to take the Silja Cruise Line Serenade from Mariehamn to Helsinki! I am certainly grateful for this service and the professional manner in which it was handled at Mariehamn by the gate manager there. I'm sad that I didn't get his name to single him out for his great work for me on late Holy Thursday night.

That said, I don't recommend getting off the ship as I did!

I'm Helsinki, I found the cruise life to be superior. I had a meeting which I was able to return to the ship to take! This was superior any comparative flight and day trip. In short, this is a great way to travel and see the Scandinavian world. I will do it again. Many thanks for such a singular experience.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

We had a cabin in bottom of ferry .. comfortable and spacious.. the boat was clean and had good food options.. check in was fast as was disembarktion .. cant fault it. Cheap easy transport between stockholm and helsinki... gr8 wifi in public areas also.

2  Thank CosmicKid
See more reviews
Reviewed 22 March 2018

The ship and room was nice enough - old but clean. The experience, going up top (the only ones who as it was -15 without adding wind chill) and watching the ice clear as the ship went through it was amazing. Had the same view from our cabin window as well - but don't worry - trip itself is short, once you reach Tallin no more distractions and you can have a nice comfortable sleep. Or go to the bar for live music and drinks - whichever you prefer.