“Not too bad”

Eatos Mexican Diner
Ranked #295 of 1,737 Restaurants in Helsinki
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Eatos Mexican diner is inspired by the classic street food style of Mexico City and elevated it to a higher level to give its customers the best dining experience along with the authentic taste. The Owners of Eatos take pride in serving the freshest and the highest quality food to the customers at all times. The food is classic street style, with a variety of tacos served up on original soft corn tortillas, as well as filling burritos, quesadillas and tostadas. Eatos earned its reputation by serving the Michoacan style Carnitas and the Helsinki favourite, Taco Pescado along with other authentic dishes in its repertoire. The Eatos Lunch consists of various Mexican specials with an array of soups and salads that are already popular among its patrons. The Eatos bar is a home for new innovations with its friendly front staff coming up with Habanero Micheladas and indigenous margaritas with tropical flavours that are first of its kind. Eatos also has an existing range of mezcales and tequilas among the others. Owners and staff are committed to serve its customers with great food, great service and great ambience. Eatos welcomes one and all to enjoy the best Mexican food experience in town.
Reviewed 7 March 2018

We were a bit dubious to go there due to the recent bad feedback but I was feeling like Mexican food right before the show we were attending nearby so to Eatos we went.

Cocktails were nice, I actually enjoy my Mojito greatly. The waiter apologized for the delay to take our order but it didn't feel long at all. We got our cocktails quite fast with the nachos and guacamole. The portion was super small, I could have eaten twice as much guacamole by myself!

I had the chicken quesadilla and my husband took pork tacos. There was plenty of meat which was great. It was very filling, I couldn't finish mine!

All in all, not too bad. I thought it was a bit bland and I think it lacked Mexican flavours but it wasn't a bad meal at all.

Reviewed 16 December 2017 via mobile

Let's start with a plus: they clearly use fresh ingredients. Went in with my hubby, we were greeted by the one and only person working. He covered serving the floor, the bar, take outs etc. There was another person in the kitchen. It wasn't busy.

We sat down and waited for the one and only to come and welcome us, bring us water and menus. Waited and waited. He wasn't moving fast, wasn't smiling and it looked like he didn't want to be there. Don't get me wrong, I understand he was alone, but still.

We almost left because of the wait, but were too tired and hungry to go. The food came fast and ended up being okay, guacamole was suprisingly good. The atmosphere, the service and the energy in the restaurant needs a lot of improvement. We won't be returning.

Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

I didn't have big expectations for lunch, but I arrived after a peek lunch hour and restaurant was only half full.
On the menu was meat, chicken and vegetarian options.
Salad, chips, soup and coffee was included.
I got my dish pretty fast! I loved the soup and my chicken quesadilla was really tasty. I only missed a bit more coriander.
Restaurant is close to railway station and Sanomatalo, but not really central location. worth of visit!!

Reviewed 31 May 2017 via mobile

I can't say anything. My tongue was really waiting for that taste. I can't wait for long time to visit again.

Reviewed 10 April 2017

I had a nice catering lunch during the shootings of Metropolia Universitys student film "Peräkammarin poika"