“Like going to an art show which has a lasting impression”
Review of Olo Ravintola

Olo Ravintola
Ranked #4 of 1,737 Restaurants in Helsinki
Price range: US$63 - US$129
Cuisines: Scandinavian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Restaurant Olo treats you to a gastronomic journey filled with Nordic influence. It's all about the best ingredients and clear, modern flavors. Naturally wine plays an integral part in the dining experience. Our cellars are filled with interesting wines, including wines that are exclusively available at Olo. In our restaurant, you can feel the passion for work and food. Everyone in Olo shares that same feeling - love for food. That love and genuine warmth we want you also to feel as our guest. We have been awarded in Michelin Guide with one star since 2011. Welcome to enjoy!
Reviewed 19 November 2015 via mobile

This was the first time in a Michelin star restaurant for all of us (a group of 5) and we loved it! Like the title suggests its more like an 18 piece art show than a normal restaurant experience. And just like those - people are bound to have differing opinions about it :) Me, I loved all the dishes and even ate my boyfriend's left overs :þ
I think the menue is seasonal but I would always recomend the full course menu. Then you can choose 3, 4, 5 glasses with it and it is easy to add another if you get thirsty. I chose the less expensive wine and found it a good fit.
Service is exeptional of course but we were extra lucky to have an Icelandic server (I am Icelandic). One of the chefs is from Iceland also :)
The place is a little bit too "cold modern" for it to be romantic in my opinion. But excellent atmosphere for business or a special night out.
Only one minor complaint. My flower salad had a live bug in it. A bit too fresh for my taste - but they quickly gave me a new plate when I pointed it out.
I would definately recomend the place, but its not a place/show you go to many times or often unless someone else is picking up the bill :)

Reviewed 18 November 2015

Eighteen course menu may sound intimidating, but it can actually be a lot fun as our dinner in OLO. This was the most enjoyable experience in all fronts. The ambience, serving, surprises - the whole package. I can recommend this without a hesitation!

Reviewed 15 November 2015 via mobile

Five course menu from the Creative kitchen. Every course was so good, it was hard to decide which one was the best.

We tried both the wine and the non-alkoholic menu and they both were on the spot. Especially non-alkoholic drinks were good match with the food.

And finally or should I say first and foremost the service. Waiters were true professionals and they really made us feel welcome.

Reviewed 3 November 2015

We had the ever changibg journey meny with the premium wine package. With the exception of a few positive experiences, such as the fingerfood apetitzers, the food was average at best. AaaAdding to this was the hugely overpriced wine package, which was poorly matched to the food. The restaurant itself is lovely, as is the staff, but this time (my final) greed has finally got the best of them.

Reviewed 1 November 2015

The food is masterful, but again this seems to be yet another restaurant serving haute cuisine using locally sourced Nordic ingredients. I personally think that both Ask and C&S do this slightly better and more personalised and therefore my review is not "excellent". That said, the menu is interesting, the service is very good, and the atmosphere is lovely, so give it a try.