T10 Hotel Iceland(Hafnarfjordur)(Great Value!)
US$97
Hlid Fisherman's Village(Hafnarfjordur)(Great Value!)
US$150
US$139
Nordurey Hotel Reykjavik Road(Hafnarfjordur)(Great Value!)
US$112
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$126/night.

Route 1 Guesthouse(Hafnarfjordur)(Great Value!)
US$136
US$91
Hotels.com
Lava Hostel(Hafnarfjordur)(Great Value!)
US$113
Our home in Hafnarfjorour(Hafnarfjordur)(Great Value!)
US$120
Guesthouse Alfar(Hafnarfjordur)(Great Value!)
US$73
US$50
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsviking villagehot tubthemed hotelthe cottagesnorthern lightsthe buswooden furniturepickled fishbreadrestaurant next doorporridgerotten eggsbreakfast roomsuperior roomtea and coffeecold meatsstaff were helpful
Reviewed 15 May 2017 via mobile

Room was not appealing at all but the reason might be the Viking era feel. The hot tub was very dirty and there are no changing rooms so you have to change in your room. During the evening I had a hard time finding any staff because they were across the street serving at the restaurant. To my pleasant surprise the breakfast in the morning was excellent. Not sure if I'll come again due to the above and steep price for one night.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Bertmari, Guest Relations Manager at Viking Village Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2017

Dear xDOTCOMx,

Thank you for taking your time to write this review.

I'm sorry you didn't find your room to be very appealing. I don't know what room you were in, but honestly the superior rooms are so much nicer and larger than the standard rooms, and for future reference, the front desk would happily upgrade you to a room more to your liking.
Speaking of the front desk, during evenings sometimes they must assist the restaurant staff. We are very sorry for the inconvenience it might have caused you, but just so you know, you can always ring the doorbell outside and one of the front desk staff will come to your assistance.
Glad to hear you liked the breakfast.
Not so long ago for a couple of days we had trouble with our hot tub, so it was quiete difficult getting it cleaned properly. That happens very rarely, luckily it has been fixed.

I sincerely hope your experience hasn't discouraged you too much to give us a second chance. We would love to welcome you again.

Reviewed 9 April 2017 via mobile

If you want the viking experience go for it....
Most the staff are helpful.
Rooms very basic, 1 pillow asked for another but had to pay, so didn't do that.
Light in bathroom kept fusing out. You have to pay extra for tea and coffee and your away from Rejklavik.
There is a takeaway pizza place up the road so if you can sneak that in your room.
The main thing that completely disgusts me is. I went down for breakfast with my husband and I wasn't feeling great as I was 4 months pregnant. So I thought I'd make a cheese and ham sandwich... breakfast is interesting... any way wrapped my sandwich in tissue, went to walk out and they said you can't take the sandwich. I explained I was pregnant and feeling queezy, they still insisted I couldn't take the sandwich. I could pay £5 for my sandwich I just made? I said no I'm not paying for a breakfast that is included and put the sandwich on the bar.
2 Mornings later (last day) I go down to the breakfast bar... and there cut up for anyone to take is my sandwich... pictures to prove!!! Would never ever go back there! How I didn't get food poisening!!!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Bertmari, Guest Relations Manager at Viking Village Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2017

Dear Milly878,

Thank you for taking your time to write this review, though we are terribly sorry you had this experience with us.

When anyone stays at the Viking hotel and feel like their room is too basic or not good enough, the front desk will gladly upgrade the guests to a better room, for a small fee. The front desk would also gladly put new lights in your room, they are always there to help when needed.

We can put in your room extra tea, coffee, sugar and creamers free of charge. But if you want to buy coffee in the lobby then you would have to pay.
What do you mean by "your way to Reykjavik" ? If you're talking about the bus tickets then I'm sorry we don't even sell bus tickets.

The hotel doesn't charge for extra pillows, could it be that you meant bathrobes not pillows? People can rent bathrobes for a small fee, but the extra pillows are free of charge.

It's absolutely ok to take food up to your bedroom, we are completely fine with it. So there was no need to hide the pizza. If any of our staff said that it wasn't allowed then it was their mistake, and I sincerely apologize on their behalf.

We are truly sorry that your breakfast experience was so bad. Like many hotels, we don't allow people to take food from the breakfast, unless for a very small fee.

Again, I apologize on the behalf of the entire hotel staff. It's very unfortunate you had this kind of experience. We truly would love to welcome you to our hotel again, and bring you a much happier, better and memorable experience.

Reviewed 31 March 2017

This is not a high end, everything uniform hotel with little identity, it has a unique character of it's own. The character is steeped in Icelandic foke lore and presents something different in all of it's nooks and crannies. Our room was big, extremely comfortable, clean and well presented. Everything needed was there, tea, coffee, TV very comfortable beds and pillows. The water was hot and the shower effective. Breakfast is the usually buffet, smoked, ham, cheese, boiled egg, coffee was good, as was the porridge. An array of breads with jam and marmalade as well as cereal. There is a lift. Opposite the hotel is the restaurant where you can be serenaded by 2 Viking musicians whilst enjoying good food. Expect to pay the normal rate of Icelandic prices, but the food is worth it, seems freshly and expertly cooked, and the beer is good. The people who staff this hotel are extremely helpful and interested in making sure you have any help you need, they will contact your tour company for you if picking up arrangements need to be changed and ensure you're clear about what those changes are. There is a hot tub at the back of the hotel, we didn't have time to enjoy it, but quite a few guests did, take a bath robe with you and fit flops to get to and from your room otherwise you might have to hire a bathrobe from the hotel. the towels in the room are great for your bathroom but not good enough for wandering around the hotel when using the hot tub. The water will smell like rotten eggs because of the gel thermal heat, but the smell doesn't linger and doesn't stay on you. The cold water is cold, doesn't smell and is fine for drinking which we did, every day. When you come out of the hotel and walk forwards past the restaurant and white church there is a small shopping centre, lovely cake and coffee shop as well as confidence store in this small shopping centre. You can buy tickets for the bus into Reykjavik which will have 1 Vellir on the front of it. It's a 30 min bus ride into the city, use the map which is available at the hotel as it will tell you what bus stops are where and how you can pick the bus up to go back. In the street behind this shopping centre there are a couple of good Icelandic produce shops, selling pottery, pictures, wool and jewellery the prices are as good as in the city if not better and if you spend over 6000 Isk you can claim tax back at the airport.

Stayed: March 2017
2  Thank Izzy271
Bertmari, Guest Relations Manager at Viking Village Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2017

Dear Izzy271,

Thank you taking your time to write this wonderfully detailed written review, I am sure it will be helpful for many.
We are so glad you liked the service, room and food.
We truly hope to get the chance to welcome you to the Viking Village hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 25 March 2017

The room was smaller than a cabin on a cruise ship but at least on a cruise ship there are places you can go and enjoy. The room was about 110 sq. ft including the bathroom. It was dirty by American standards. There were two single beds with about 2 feet of space between each to stand. The furniture was old and handmade; a high school wood shop student could do better. The table between the beds (the only table in the room) was a 2’ x 2’ - ¾” piece of plywood with legs. One bed was an oversize mattress on a smaller box spring which kept sliding off, they changed it to a foam rubber covered with a fitted sheet. Housekeeping skipped the room on morning. The closet was an old ardmore falling apart, there was a wall cabinet made again by hand with plywood. Everything was finished with a coat of stain and clear finish.
I would not recommend this Hotel to anyone!

Room Tip: Skip this Hotel
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank mfisher1028
Bertmari, Guest Relations Manager at Viking Village Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2017

Dear mfisher1028,

Thank you for taking your time to write this review.
We are terribly sorry for this. However for future reference, you can always ask the reception to upgrade you to a larger nicer room. They would gladly do it for you.
I truly hope we get a second chance from you in the future.

Reviewed 15 March 2017

The hotel is great. I don't look to stay in expensive, fancy hotels because all I'm doin is sleeping. The bed was very comfortable. The covers are down and very warm. The room was perfect size and layout for me. The breakfast was a traditional Icelandic breakfast served on traditional style dishes. Someon said the coffee mugs were small...get over it! This isn't the land of gluttony...make another trip to fill your mug. I loved the decor, the staff was very friendly and helpful. Couldn't ask for a nicer experience. Thank you!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo

Dear JerrieB31,

Thank you for taking your time to write this review.
It's always a great pleasure knowing our guests had such a nice experience with us. We hope to get the chance to welcome you again.