Route 1 Guesthouse(Hafnarfjordur)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$140
US$120
Hotels.com
Nordurey Hotel Reykjavik Road(Hafnarfjordur)(Great Value!)
US$108
US$100
US$117
Hotel Vellir(Hafnarfjordur)(Great Value!)
US$175
US$140
Vibrant Iceland Hostel(Hafnarfjordur)(Great Value!)
US$72
Agoda.com
TripAdvisor
T10 Hotel Iceland(Hafnarfjordur)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsviking villagehot tubthemed hotelthe cottagesnorthern lightswooden furniturepickled fishrestaurant foodthe busrestaurant next doorbreadporridgebreakfast roomrotten eggsa lovely staysuperior roomblue lagoon
Reviewed 8 August 2017

Read the reviews and saw the pictures. I was not impressed at all. I felt like I was staying in a boardinghouse from the 1920's. The room was disjointed. The bathroom tiny. Not enough towels. Two small, flat pillows for a king bed. The front desk didn't seem to pleased to see us when we showed up. Maybe it's because they had to wear costumes. Couldn't wait to wake up and leave. Wifi was cumbersome to get started and laborious to browse with. Thought it'd be fun and kitschy. It was neither.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Jawn K
Bertmari, Guest Relations Manager at Viking Village Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2017

Dear Jawn K,

Thank you for taking your time to write this review.
Our guests are always the most important to us. I apologize on behalf of the staff that you got the impression that the staff seem displeased to see you. I am sure of they were not displeased to see you. If they were in a unpleasent mood for some reason then I am very sure of it has nothing to do with their clothing.
I can guarantee that, if you choose to stay with us again and just simply contact front desk if you don't like your room or if you have any other concerns, your stay with us would be more fun and kitschy.
The staff are more than willing to help. They can even help with the wifi, as we are fully aware that it can be annoying. The staff can bring you extra pillows, extra towels, coffee, please don't hesitate to just ask.
I sincerely hope this hasn't discouraged you too much to give us a second chance.

Reviewed 6 August 2017

I insisted on staying here for our first two nights as a fun introduction to Iceland. The hotel grounds are exactly as the photos show....lots of atmosphere and character with the Viking theme. However, do NOT get a standard double room - they are so small, it's claustrophobic. Picture a very bare room facing the parking lot (with no colour, or decorations or any little personal touches) where three sides of the bed are flush against a wall so you have to climb over your partner to get in and out....and the bathroom is so tiny, even when you close the door to take a shower (which you have to and we did), the bed area becomes so hot and swampy your covered in sweat long after the shower is over. I was so distraught trying to get dressed for our wedding in this room, I started crying as this was impossible task due to the size and the humidity, did my makeup in my car with the a/c on and got dressed down the road. The food is good - but expensive, which we didn't know at the time as we were brand new to Iceland. $11000++ krona, which is about $140.00 for two Cokes, two soups, a chicken dinner and a hamburger and fries. Seriously folks this is brutal. It's also tour bus central (yea!) so we couldn't wait to leave and head to the West Fjords and away from the crowds and that room. I'm really sorry, as I sadly have to give this room the worst designation on our entire 16 day journey.

Room Tip: Do NOT get a standard double room unless you are a solo traveler or don't mind barebones. Spend the money and upgrade or stay in a hostel.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MichelleBode2013

Dear MichelleBode2013,

We would have loved to get you a better room, especially since it was your wedding!
I highly recommend for future reference to contact the front desk if you would like an upgrade, or if there's any you dislike. We are always ready to help.
We find it very very unfortunate that this was the worst place of all your 16 days advantrue in Iceland. Honestly, I am very sure of if the staff would have known how you felt about the room, we could have done something to make your experience here more enjoyable.

Reviewed 26 July 2017

Spent 4 nights in this hotel which looks very nice in full viking style.

The restaurant is very good quite pricey like everywhere else in Iceland when it comes to food.

The breakfast was extremely disappointing very little choice, and very bad quality.

The room was smaller than a usual standard, which wasn't a big deal for us, the bed was 1 and a half rather than a double.

Weather apart we really enjoyed our holiday and our stay.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Bertmari, Guest Relations Manager at Viking Village Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2017

Dear Vincenzo M,

We are very glad to see you had a good time at Hotel Viking, as well as in the restaurant.
Though it's very unfortunate that you weren't so found of the breakfast, and size of your room.
I hope you choose to stay with us again in the future, our superior rooms have bigger beds than the standard.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

This is a good value hotel on the seafront close to Reykjavik but handy to visit.
The main bus terminal is within sight of the hotel and the tide to Reykjavik is about 15mins and costs 440 kroner each.
The breakfast is good, the only criticism is the TV is on in the breakfast room, its only BBC breakfast news, I came away to avoid UK news!!. I did hear an American child ask his mother why they were showing the UK weather!
The staff were great and friendly and the rooms and public areas were clean and tidy

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Bertmari, Guest Relations Manager at Viking Village Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2017

Dear psykes1374,

Thank you for taking your time to write this review, we highly appreciate it.

It's great to hear you feel the hotel has good value, and you liked the rooms, staff and breakfast. Though, I apologize you didn't like the channel on TV, it's actually no problem to just ask the staff to switch to another channel. We could've easily done that for you, or anyone who would have just asked.
I hope you'll give us a second visit!

Reviewed 29 June 2017 via mobile

I dined at the Viking village on a business trip with work colleges,we were entertained by a singing Viking,which one of my workmates became an honery Viking,certificate to say so aswell,meals were very nice an staff very helpful.would dine here again.

Stayed: June 2017
Bertmari, Guest Relations Manager at Viking Village Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2017

Dear Batesy139,

We are delighted to hear you would dine again at our restaurant! Next time I hope you'll check out the hotel as well :)