Open today: 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM

via mobile
Exactly Who I Was Hoping For

Kegmeister
San Antonio, Texas

Recommended experiences in and around Isafjordur
from US$150.65
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 August 2021 via mobile

Helga made our day today! A cold rainy day with almost every shop and restaurant closed due to a special holiday got brightened up while doing a walk with her. Listening to a lot of information about the past and today’s life in this town, rounded up with tales about trolls and elfs and a visit in the church admiring a stunning arts project, the afternoon flew by! Thank you very much :)

Date of experience: August 2021
Reviewed 13 October 2019

I have read other reviews about tour guides in this area. But, I’m so glad I chose to go on this tour and even happier I had the guide that I did. I’m a guest in another person’s country., so my goal is to learn as much as time will permit while getting to know the guide....at least a little bit.
In this area, the “Hidden People” are of significant importance to the culture and have contributed to their culture. Though a tour guide may not choose to talk about them very much, for those who do......boy, are you in for a treat. I learned who the guide’s grandparents viewed/perceived the Hidden People and why they played such a big role in the lives of certain individuals. I wish I had had more time that would have allowed me to just listen to all of their tales. This one item made the tour stick out amongst all of the other tours I had on this trip.

Date of experience: August 2019
1  Thank Kegmeister
Helga H, Inhaber at Isafjordur Guide, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2019

All thanks for the nice review.

Reviewed 13 October 2019

Helga met us at the cruise port and we were a small group walking thru their town. Helga gave us an insight into how life was in the 19th century although we sometimes got confused when she slipped from past to present. Love her costume and we only had a little rain but it was COLD.

2  Thank sandyg111
Reviewed 5 October 2019

Helga Hausner is a wonderful hostess, a joy to meet and an excellent guide. Although we did not have the best weather for a walking tour, we were able to get a good idea about life now and in the past in Isafjordur. It is located in NW Iceland far from Rekjavik. Since we had signed up for lunch in Helga's garden, we stopped at the village fish market where Helga purchased wonderfully fresh salmon and haddock. Because of the weather (wind and rain) Helga graciously invited us (party of 6) into her home for lunch. We assisted in picking fresh herbs in her garden and in cooking the fish, which along with a lovely salad and freshly made sauce made a delicious and satisfying meal. One of our group was having a bad day with balance issues and she kindly drove three of us back to the pier to board our cruise ship. Helga is an engaging and interesting person and I wholeheartedly recommend her walking tour or her Please Taste Walk. You'll be very glad you did.

Date of experience: September 2019
Helga H, Inhaber at Isafjordur Guide, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2019

Thank you so much for your lovely review. I wish you a nice time with your friends and good health.

Reviewed 5 October 2019 via mobile

What a wonderful walk we had with Helga! It didn’t start raining really hard til the end of the tour which was good. She is a delight and we learned first hand how life really is and was in this little Icelandic village. Communication beforehand was top notch! Thank you Helga.

Date of experience: September 2019

Oh, thank you also for the nice companionship.