Open today: 7:30 AM - 4:00 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from Troll Expeditions tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Troll Expeditions
from US$184.80
from US$253.10
from US$180.10
from US$103.60
More Info
All reviews glacier hike ice climbing south coast elements tour plane wreck golden circle tour day tour glacier tongue guide david skaftafell national park amazing glacier small group an unforgettable experience breathtaking scenery glacier water the black sand beach awesome guide
Reviewed today via mobile

We booked this tour on the afternoon of our first day in Iceland for 9am the following morning. There were still a few spots open even with the late booking and the followup from Troll expeditions was pretty immediate! They gave great instructions in order to find the correct meetup location and how to dress. Upon arrival, they patiently suited up everyone (another reason we were so happy they offer smaller group sizes as this is not a quick process!) and then they split the 8 people into two groups of 4. My group’s guide was Cordelia. She is warm,easygoing, and funny! She was very thorough and enthusiastic as she explained what we could expect on the tour and sprinkled in some hilarious experiences of her own. This tour was breathtaking and a once in a lifetime kind of experience-this makes it all the more worth it that they include pictures for FREE! We had the pics back to us same day even (earlier than quoted on site!). At the end of the tour, we received hot cocoa and cookies and our group of 4 lingered because Cordelia had such great stories, recommendations, and information that she passed on. We are already looking into another Troll expedition while on our trip :)

1  Thank lip0101
Reviewed yesterday via mobile

My mom and I snorkeled Silfra two days ago with Cordelia from Troll Expeditions. I could not have asked for a more caring, expressive and inclusive instructor. She took extra care for my mother, and I cannot thank her enough for it. She continually made sure everyone in the group was ok, she took great pictures, and I believe she truly loves her job. You cannot ask for a better guide, or a more unique experience. Do it. Seriously. Don’t think about it and just go. And when you go, book with Troll Expeditions.

1  Thank Alicia G
Reviewed yesterday via mobile

I did both the snorkel and glacier hike into the ice cave! Both were incredible. I was blown away by Step on the glacier hike. Not only is such amazingly sweet but she is extremely knowledgeable and passionate. She even took fantastic photos of us and took time answering questions. I really enjoyed speaking to her. Troll please let me know if I can call in and give a credit card number to tip her, we had no cash on us that day and she’s beyond deserving.

For the snorkel we had Cordelia who was also amazing and very patient with people in the group that may not have as much experience with snorkeling. She actually had to pull in a couple people at the end because the wind was so strong and she handled it with the upmost concern for safety. She too was very passionate and very knowledgeable and took great pictures for us. Not to mention she’s super cool!

I have several friends coming to Iceland and I will recommend Troll Expeditions to all of them! Thanks again for an amazing time.

2  Thank Allison M
Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

Just completed ‘South Coast & Glacier Hiking on Solheimajokull from Reykjavík’
It was long journey by minibus to the destination but it was worth it. Hike was amazing!
All hiking gear is provided, you can even rent hiking boots if needed.
Amazing views during the hike. Definitely a must do! We also had a chance to learn a lot from our guide Mike. He was passionate and really knowledgeable.
During this tour you will also have a chance to walk on the Black Sand Beach, see Seljalandsfoss waterfall and Skógafoss waterfall.
Thank you Mike for this great experience and amazing atmosphere during the tour.

2  Thank Excursion740457
Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

My mom and I snorkeled in Silfra and Matias was our guide. This was by far our favorite experience we had during our 10 day stay in Iceland. Matias was knowledge and we appreciated his humor throughout the tour! The snorkeling was absolutely amazing and I would recommend to anyone. Thank you so much for our most cherished memory in Iceland!

2  Thank _lsemenick
Reviewed 3 days ago via mobile

Matias, our guide was awesome and very kind and helpful! We had a great time on our Silfra snorkel tour with Troll and will definitely book with them again in the future!

1  Thank pddesignnola