“excellent soup”

Nudluskalin
Ranked #107 of 522 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Price range: US$9 - US$11
Reviewed 30 August 2017

I've been here multiple times but only tried the H option. It's really nice and quick and healthy. highly recommended

Reviewed 27 August 2017

Enjoyed dinner this evening at Nudluskalin after a very chilly day of blustery winds and driving rains in Reykjavik and the Blue Lagoon. Nudlaskalin was a great spot for a warm and fortifying meal, and quite reasonably priced by the standards of Reykjavik. The bowls were fresh, tasty, and nicely spiced, and the restaurant offered plenty of condiments for increasing the spice or adding new flavors.

I didn't plan on eating much Asian cuisine in Iceland, but Nudlaskalin was a pleasant surprise and certainly someplace I'd be happy to visit again. Only wish they stayed open later than 8pm!

Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

In the times of economical booming everything feels expensive in Reykjavik but it was just few years back when the value of Icelandic krona was almost half of today. This means the price of a noodle soup portion was 10€, but now it's 18€. However this is a place is cheap with good authentic that flavors and would recommend for all people after Asian food.

Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

My family and I loved eating here tonight. If you want to have a tasty, interesting meal and also avoid the extortionate prices which predominate in Reykjavik, this is the place for you.

You walk in, order at the counter, pay, and then they call you. There is self serve water right there, as well, all casual and easy and keeping costs down. I got the "Noodles in. a Fen", my wife got the "Noodles on Land", and our daughter got the kid's noodles. They let you specify the spice level upon ordering. The adult dishes were about 17 dollars U.S. and the kid's noodles was about 9 U.S. Not cheap but among the absolute best values in Reykjavik.

Our food was ready in about 5 minutes and it was wonderful. My noodles were delicious and spiced precisely as I specified. They are also deceptively filling and we left with appetites well sated. Everything was fantastic and I think we will return again to try the noodle soups next time. The best meal we've had in Reykjavik thus far. Great place.

Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

Came here on a Friday and the restaurant got quite busy around 19. The four of us had the Thai soup with coconut base and tofu and we all enjoyed it a lot! Well balanced and filling with lots of cilantro. Recommend it if you want something fast and tasty. The restaurant is not somewhere you stay long at but the interior is still nice. I definitely recommend it and would come here again.