“Burgers for kids”

American Style Diner
Ranked #222 of 510 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Cuisines: American
Description: American style is a chain of restaurants in Iceland that have been around for years. We serve Hamburgers, Steaks, fish, salad and more with style.
Reviewed 20 June 2017

My latest and last ever visit to this place

burgers are so small its jsut for kids and i did have to wait 1 hour for this same they call food over there.

and when i complained i was told , well we cant do anyhting about this , we are short on staff

I cant recomend this place at all , i will never go there again.

Reviewed 18 June 2017

It is a bit of a cop-out to head for such a place on a short vacation in Iceland but it was raining and American Style is several cuts above more familiar names. For the UK visitor, prices are shockingly high but consistent with Icelandic prices as a whole. We paid about £48 for burgers, fries and drinks for two. That included a shake but the rest was on a meal deal! There was a stumble with the service when the shakes offered were Strawberry or Chocolate - I pointed out that these would be made with vanilla. I got what I wanted. All the food we had had so far in Reykjavik was excellent and the burgers were no exception. The lighting was unnecessarily low and the music (with a background of photographs of pop and rock artists across several decades) excellent. I was reminded by Bruce Springsteen that we are all working on a dream.

Reviewed 18 May 2017

Came across this place on our way to the market across the road, Had a burger and fries with a drink. Prices were around 40euro for two people which was cheap for Iceland .You can get free refills of minerals and also a coffe or tea included. Food was cooked well but young girl working there was quite rude.

Reviewed 8 May 2017 via mobile

We decided to eat here based on the name. The prices were very reasonable by Icelandic standards, however the food was average. My boyfriend had a BBQ burger and loved it. I had the steak, which the menu said came with pepper sauce, which it didn't...it came covered in peppercorns and was rather small for a steak. The staff were alright, some better than others and soft drinks came as free refills. The place is pretty dim inside which led us to question if it was even open, when inside reading the menu was difficult and had to be held directly under the light dangling over the table. Overall a very mixed bag, not sure if I'd return.

Reviewed 25 April 2017 via mobile

Cute little find with decent vegan/vegetarian options. The price wasn't bad at all and the strawberry milkshake was lovely! Free refills on drinks like coke, lemonade etc.