1,273 results
All reviews bread hot water the main shopping street minute walk single room happy hour hard boiled eggs reception staff stayed here for nights yogurt an early flight city centre northern lights reception area buffet breakfast cold cuts tea coffee
Reviewed 13 October 2017

My stay was wonderful at the hotel: comfortable rooms, good location, great breakfast… But specially, the people in the desk were very friendly and helpful, trying to answer to all our needs. I would definitely recommend this hotel

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 October 2017

We stayed at Foss Hotel for two nights on a short weekend break and had a great time. I was with my dad so we had rooms next door to each other (logical but hotels do not always do this). The check in at 2pm was quite late so had to sit around and go for a walk but they did manage to get us in a little earlier when rooms were ready. The rooms are a little basic but Iceland is expensive and we didn’t need anything fancy. The room was clean with a safe, bed, hairdryer and wardrobe. You don’t need much else. There was a TV but no channels worked! I had to cancel whale watching due to the weather and the lady on the desk was very helpful at getting us booked onto an afternoon sightseeing tour.
The breakfast was also pretty good, cereals, bread, cheese, ham, bacon and eggs, you don’t need much more than that. We also left really early so was able to get some basic stuff at 4.30 in the morning too.
The hotel is centrally located and is handy for trips as buses can pick you straight up outside. With some hotels you have to go to a bus stop.
I would thoroughly recommend this hotel and would definitely use them again.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 October 2017

I am greatly disappointed in the way guests are treated overall in Iceland. Guests are a source of money, expect nothing much be grateful you have somewhere and we can charge you whatever we feel like. After, a rough time in a hostel advertised as a hotel this was a deserved break. It was clean, staff was ok. However, the bathroom the borders were removed so whenever you had a shower, the entire bathroom was wet. I asked for additional towel etc and received none as I had to keep drying floor after a shower. I went to break fast and they had kiwi and water melon. I asked for additional fruit based on my dietary requirement and I was told that guest more are less are not given option as it is expensive to buy fruits. I told them that I am paying a lot so I should at least have a fruit salad at breakfast. They were not happy, they eventually got the fruits which was served chopped big like a cow. The person in breakfast was very unpleasant. Overall, the experience was better than I had other places, but for FOSS I expected better. Great tour pick up and also the shuttle bus picks up fro transfer to the airport.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 October 2017

We stayed in the Fosshotel Raudara 3 seperate times during our trip to Iceland and it truly started to feel like home. Kolbrun at the front desk helped us with everything from a missed bus to the airport to finding a bus route to a local gym. The breakfast had everything we could have imagined and the rooms were very nice as well.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Agnar D, General Manager at Fosshotel Raudara, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2017

Thank you for sharing your great experience, we highly appreciate it and it is so nice for us to read that you had a wonderful stay at Fosshótel Rauðará

We want our guests to feel like they have their home away from home when they are staying with us and this is only possible when you have great staff like we have at our hotel.

Thank you so much and we hope to welcome you again at Fosshótel Rauðará

Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

Room was spacious, bed was comfortable ,location was super very close to the main shopping street. Free parking but you have to inform reception in order to open the gate. Breakfast more than enough. Very friendly atmosphere. Wi-fi super fast and totally free. The big disadvantage was a very intent smell in the bathroom. And of course the price. Ok Reykjavik is a very expensive city but these rooms doesn't worth an average of 150€ per night.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Agnar D, General Manager at Fosshotel Raudara, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review about your stay with us.

We are pleased to read that you were happy with your spacious room and comfortable bed while staying with us at Fosshótel Rauðará and that you liked our location in the city that is super close to the main shopping street.

Yes we have nice and friendly staff that create a friendly atmosphere and we are happy that you enjoyed our free Wi-fi.

We use every comment to improve our service to our guest and give the best service that we deliver.

We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us at Fosshotel Rauðará and hope that you will visit us again in Reykjavik.