We stayed here as part of a package through IcelandAir and found it to be just fine. The 2 different rooms we stayed in were clean, though showed some signs of wear, and comfortable in size for two people. The beds (2 twin beds for us), I found were very comfortable - easy to get a good night's sleep. The bathroom was also very clean, but I was surprised that no bar of soap was provided (I didn't pack one, so I wasn't prepared). There is shampoo in a dispenser in the shower and hand soap in a dispenser by the sink, but you can't move it to the shower, as it's in a holder that's bolted to the wall. Nonetheless, the room served its purpose for us as a place to change, shower and sleep during our visit to Reykjavik. We also had free wifi in the room, which was speedy and nice to be able to FaceTime and email.
The staff, from check-in to waitstaff, was friendly and efficient. We arrived quite early in the morning, and they were able to provide us with a room. They were happy to answer any questions we had and provide directions to wherever we needed to go. We were also provided a complimentary bus pass to get to central Reykjavik. The bus picks up directly across the street twice an hour and takes about 5 minutes to get to the town center. Nice added touch since the hotel's location is not necessarily in close proximity to much (by walking, that is), though a taxi to/from town center runs about 1500-2000 kronur.
The hotel is also located adjacent to the domestic airport, and while that may be bothersome for some, we didn't feel it was a nuisance at all. We never really heard any airplane traffic.
Breakfast, which was included in our package, was fantastic! Plenty of options - cereals, fruits, hot foods (scrambled eggs, sausage, potatoes), breads, cold cuts and more. It was probably the breakfast buffet with the most variety I've seen. Very well done.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four-star Reykjavik accommodation showcasing the best of Icelandic nature. Newly-renovated Icelandair Hotel Reykjavík Natura (formerly Hotel Loftleidir) is close to the city centre, in the quiet Oskjuhlid wooded area near the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Icelandair Hotel Reykjavik Natura reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Icelandair Hotel Reykjavík
- Hotel Loftleidir
- Icelandair Hotel Loftleidir