“Good value for good food”
Review of Cafe Gardurinn

Cafe Gardurinn
Ranked #21 of 529 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Reviewed 28 February 2018

There is not a huge selection of food but it changes each day and it is good wholesome vegetarian and vegan food. Good portions. Good value. Very friendly, casual atmosphere.

Reviewed 14 February 2018

I’d seen the reviews on tripadvisor and thought I’d give this a go. Both myself and my husband had a cup of tea and carrot and spinach soup. I was surprised how much soup I got, I couldn’t even finish mine! It was absolutely delicious, and that’s high praise from me as I’m very picky. We’d also struggled to get a good cuppa since we arrived in Reykjavik and the tea here was loose leaf and they had soya milk. It was just what we needed as a quick warm up from the snow. They have 2 specials a day so it really will depend what they are serving when you go, but you can check on their website if you’re here for a few days and pick the day that looks most promising for your tastes. I’m sure you won’t be disappointed.

Reviewed 11 February 2018

Really good, fresh, yummy vegetarian food served with love.
The owners, too, were very friendly and warm.

Reviewed 25 January 2018

very happy with our lunch here. not the most amazing food we've ever had, but still very tasty and healthy, at a reasonable price. not too many choices, much of it indian cuisine/curries if that's your thing

Reviewed 26 November 2017

Wonderful spot to get a inexpensive (for Iceland) gluten free and vegan meal. The Arabian coconut soup was very tasty and well wroth trying.