Good location. The bar had a reasonably priced happy hour which would not normally be important but given the very high costs of alcohol in the country this is useful. Similarly the breakfast which is fresh and with a good choice helps make the hotel cost more reasonable. The room was basic but had a reasonable view and good tv service with UK channels. The bed was comfortable and there was coffee in the room. The only downside was the shower curtain did not reach to the bottom of the shower so the room tend to flood a bit. There was also a very efficient check-in and check-out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fosshotel Baron with its 120 rooms and apartments is an official year-round 3-star hotel in downtown Reykjavik. We are located only a few steps away from the main shopping street Laugavegur and the main attractions in Reykjavik's city center. All of our rooms and apartments have a bathroom with a shower, TV and there is free Wi-Fi in all areas of the hotel. Fosshotel Baron is a family friendly hotel and offers special features for families and children. Our reception is manned at all hours for the convenience of our guests. All rooms and areas of the hotel are non-smoking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fosshotel Baron reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fosshotel Baron Reykjavík
- Fosshotel Baron Hotel Reykjavík