US$298
US$207
US$192
US$300
US$274
Reykjavik Lights by Keahotels(Reykjavik)(Great Value!)
US$454
US$242
Hlemmur Square(Reykjavik)(Great Value!)
US$173
  • Restaurant
Reykjavik Downtown HI Hostel(Reykjavik)(Great Value!)
US$231
US$225
US$351
US$308
Hotwire.com
All reviewsmodern designour honeymoonsmall gymjunior suitehigher floorconcert hallperfect locationmini barsteam roomrooms are comfortablebring earplugsdowntown reykjavikearly checklounge areablue lagoonhappy hourthe main shopping street
Reviewed 22 April 2018

Only stay in this hotel if you are 20 and wish to be in the center of town - think the Icelandic equivalent of Time Square. Walls are thin, center of town is for tourist only and hotel doesn't honor rewards from Marriott or Starwood so don't be fooled by that allure! No club, no free breakfast no special treatment. Very average hotel indeed and very expensive. Stay out of town and enjoy the quiet of Iceland. Spa is in the basement and no services just a gloomy hot tub with no windows which is a shame in a country full of beautiful outdoor spas. We requested a room facing the park BUT the noise goes on all night and is so random that you can't tune it out - shouting, buses, screaming. Awful. Rooms are ok but showers are glass fronted so make sure your roommates are happy watching you shower! I paid $6 for a cup of tea each morning! Had requested in advance that as our rate was so high and we are platinum members that they throw in breakfast for us - only 2 of us in a room - and were told it was $30 plus per person if we wished to eat breakfast!!!!!!!!!!! Amazingly poor service. Elevator is cramped and no bell man. Very modern looking face to the hotel but really doesn't "work" in beautiful quaint Iceland. Would not stay here again for multiple reasons.

Room Tip: Don't bother! All seem to be noisy. Think Time Square!
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Leorah S
JuliaBjorgvinsdottir, Manager at 101 hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2018

Dear Leorah S, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. It is disappointing that your experience did not meet your expectations and you are correct, the benefits for Starwood members are different throughout those participating with Design Hotels™. The design of 101 hotel is incredibly unique and contemporary, and does not suit everyone’s taste. Just so you know, we do offer a variety of room types and I am certain that you would have been happy in one of our deluxe rooms facing away from the streets or even one of our suites. I am deeply sorry that you departed the hotel with this impression, as this in no way reflects the 101 hotel’s standards of service. In which case you would like to try out our hotel again, feel free to reach out to me directly as I would be happy to assist with any of your needs.

Reviewed 9 April 2018

We stayed here two nights. Two rooms, one on the street, one in the back of the hotel, rooms side by side. It is in great location where you can walk to most anything easily. It definitely has a modern, designed feel to it which I really liked. The rooms are a good size, bigger then a typical European hotel room. I gave an average rating because of a few things. One is the bathrooms in the rooms are a little odd. The bathroom walls are smoked glass that you can't see through but you can hear everything, literally everything, no matter where you are standing in the room. Shower and toilet are separated. The sink is outside the smoked glass area which isn't so bad, however its in the room so not much privacy there either (this isn't so bad really). I also couldn't figure out there light switches. Plenty of lights, no logical way to control them. This could be me however I messed with them for a whole to no avail. Lastly, the floors are hard wood of some sort so you can hear the upstart guests walk, room luggage, etc pretty well.

My main issue was this...we had the room on the streets, my kids had the interior room We switched with the kids for some reason. Anyhow, we were there Saturday and Sunday nights. Saturday night the party across the street, or maybe next door...i didn't look, stopped at 2AM. Sunday the party needed at 5AM. Yep...we had to listen to a raging party all night till 5AM! Earplugs didn't help. My kids who had the interior room didn't hear a thing (the room we were supposed to have). My advice...take the interior rooms!!! We had no warning from the hotel, no "sorry about that", etc. There is no way they didn't know about this. It has to be a weekly occurrence. They should have mentioned it.

Bottom line, nice hotel, very clean and cool. Great location. Bring matches and earplugs Book an interior room! Do all this and its all good!

Room Tip: Cool hotel but the rooms off the street, back of the hotel, are way way quieter
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank GorjesFamTrav

Dear GorjesFamTrav, thank you for posting your review regarding your recent stay. It was our pleasure to have hosted you and your family and the overall feedback we received from you all upon check out was a very positive experience. I only wish that you had informed us of the issues you were having so that we could have immediately taken action in order to show you some other room options. I hope to have the pleasure to host you again and feel free to reach out to me in the future when you have plans to return.

Julia Björgvinsdóttir

Reviewed 8 April 2018

As part of our Icelandic journey, we spent a night at the 101- hotel right in the heart of Reykjavik. The location of this property is fantastic! When we checked –in, the front desk warmly greeted us. Our room was larger than most in Iceland, complete with a cute outdoor space, which we enjoyed the following morning sipping coffee. The bed was very cozy and comfy, with good linens.
. Overall the hotel has a very modern feel with only one small elevator, (typical in Europe, no big deal) the bar was cool for a pre dinner drink however, we ventured out for dinner.
As for the noise, our room was on a higher floor so we actually didn't hear much of anything, but I should add that coming from NYC, nothing really compares.
The only gripe is that the Wi-Fi can be spotty at times but overall it had a great vibe with a boutique feel.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on a higher floor, the weekends in Reykjavik can get busy!
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
JuliaBjorgvinsdottir, Manager at 101 hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2018

Dear Randy C,thank you for sharing your experience at 101 hotel. It is great to know that your stay with us was a pleasant one from the beautiful and comfy balcony room you stayed in to the service from our team. We hope to host you again in the near future and if there is anything I can assist with on your next visit do not hesitate to reach out directly to me.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

I stayed at the 101 Hotel because friends recommended it and I believe that it is the best hotel in Reykjavik. I was happy with the hotel. Although it is nothing very fancy, considering the very high prices for almost everything in Reykjavik, it seemed reasonably priced. The staff were nice and helpful. The breakfast served is adequate and the restaurant menu for lunch and dinner is pretty good, just expensive like most everything in Reykjavik. Bottom line is that if I return to Reykjavik, I would stay there again.

Room Tip: You are in the city center and there is not much to see except other buildings
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
JuliaBjorgvinsdottir, Manager at 101 hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2018

Dear WayneRSam, thank you for your review – it was a pleasure having you as our guest and I appreciate your compliments regarding our hotel and our staff. I am also delighted that you enjoyed our restaurant. Thank you again for your review and I look forward to welcome you back to 101 hotel again.

Warm regards
Asst Hotel Manager

Reviewed 30 March 2018

Great location, friendly service. The rooms are small but that tends to be in the case in Europe so we were not surprised. The bar area does get loud but only on the weekends, so perhaps ask for a room fair from the stairs if its available.

Also if you are renting a car, please note that the hotel has about 5-6 spaces available at a nearby lot for parking which is first-come, first-served for hotel guests, so if the spots are taken you'll need to find street parking. That honestly was the only stressful worry we had and we only had to street park once during our stay.

There is a very small spa area with a lovely hot tub which is free to use - we used it during the afternoons (and before happy hour!) and were always the only ones using the spa.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms near the stairs, that seems to be where the bar noise travels most.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank EEEUsa
JuliaBjorgvinsdottir, Manager at 101 hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2018

Dear EEEUsa,Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and I am glad to read that your overall experience was a pleasant one. It was truly our pleasure hosting you and I look forward to next time!

Asst Hotel Manager