Fosshotel Lind(Reykjavik)(Great Value!)
US$207
US$193
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$222/night.

Hotel Island(Reykjavik)(Great Value!)
Hlemmur Square(Reykjavik)(Great Value!)
US$250
US$189
  • Restaurant
Reykjavik Downtown HI Hostel(Reykjavik)(Great Value!)
US$204
US$197
US$452
US$396
All reviewsbreakfast roomquiet streetyogurtsmall hotelsmall roompay and displayblock walkcheese and hamtop flooreuropean styledowntown arealovely roombreakfast is servedstreet leveleuropean hotelsexpensive countryperfect place to stay
Reviewed 8 May 2018

I booked the single room via their web site 6 months before my trip. I knew my flight was scheduled to land around 6am Iceland time so normally I would have also booked the night before to ensure I could check right in, but Iceland prices are just too high to do that.
I took the Fly Bus to the BSI terminal and then got a taxi to the hotel which was around $15USD. I could have taken the shuttle to bus stop #1 at City Hall and walked but I had luggage and instead of wandering around lost for 15 minutes I figured I'd just take a cab for the first time there.
I was able to check right in when I got there around 8:30am which was much appreciated.
Everyone I interacted with at the desk was friendly, although my interactions were minimal as I tend to be a very independent traveler and do research ahead of time meaning I usually don't have any questions or issues.
The hotel is in a quieter area of the city but you can still walk to the main attractions. If you take any tours the bus will pick you up at bus stop #1 at City Hall which is a quick walk from the hotel.
Breakfast was included with my reservation. It was very very basic. I've been to probably 35 or so European hotels with breakfasts and this was the most basic I've seen. A couple flavors of yogurt, a couple cereal choices, OJ, coffee, tea and a few bread selections along with one kind of cheese and ham.
That being said it was fresh and since I was there each morning when it started it was fully stocked.
One thing that did confuse me was that this morning when I went to "check out" I was told my card had already been charged. I assumed they meant this morning or perhaps the night before, however, when I checked my card statement I was charged about a week or so prior to the start of my reservation for the whole amount. Not just one night, the entire amount of my stay. I do not recall seeing anything about that on their website or in the reservation confirmation. I had no arrival issues and stayed the entire duration of my reservation so it was not an issue for me, but something to be aware of.
If I return to Reykjavik I would certainly consider staying here again.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 May 2018

We stayed one last night in Iceland in this beautiful little hotel in Reykjavik. I actually thought I had lost the reservation, due to a notification I got through the website I used to make the booking (the registered credit card was expired, I suppose), so I arrived fearing the worst and having to find an airbnb in a matter of hours. The hotel had decided to overlook the notification and kept my reservation. So, 10 points for that. Also, the hotel has a very nice breakfast room downstairs and also a small heated roofed garden house. We enjoyed the stay and the location!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 April 2018

Very clean and comfortable, nicely located within 5 minutes of centre of old city, near to harbour, close to tourist information (very good) and bus stops, in very pleasant part of old Reykjavik. Room available early, stored luggae after checkout. Breakfast needed better management; appeared to keep topping up existing orange/milk - and milk in particular tasted less than fresh, Nice pastry on first morning, followed by less than fresh chocolate digestives on following 2 mornings! Easy to improve. Staff did provide fresh milk in separate jug, but without a smile.

Room Tip: Our room was on ground floor one side, half basement the other. Not a problem but guests might like to ask for ground/first floor room
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

Hotel Hilda is set in a convenient location for Reykjavík city centre. The staff are friendly, the buffet breakfast good and plenty (the coffee is delicious). The room, clean and very comfortable. I will certainly use this hotel again.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 April 2018

My husband and I couldn't have been happier with our choice of hotel for our honeymoon. The location was amazing (less than a few minutes walk to the main centre, the town hall - for the bus pick up's and to the harbour) and we were really pleased it was also where the locals lived (and some lovely cats in the neighbourhood too!). We had the top room with an amazing view of Hallgrímskirkja and a fantastic bathroom! The staff were very lovely, friendly and extremely helpful. The breakfast was perfect for my fussy husband and the lift was an experience in itself (all good fun). We found the price more than reasonable, considering the costs of neighbouring hotels and we would only ever stay here for all our future trips (we have already started our savings jar) and cannot express enough just what a great find Hotel Hilda was.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple