2,516 results
All reviews the main street bread scandinavian restaurant great location yogurt central location cold meats studio room small kitchenette cooking facilities hot water kitchen area breakfast staff sulphur smell breakfast was included mini bar bonus supermarket
Reviewed 12 June 2018

Great location. I walked everywhere and saw everything. The very helpful staff helped me book a couple of tours - one to chase the northern lights - amazing and fun experience! Also great breakfast. Do it! You won't be sorry.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

Visited Iceland for the first time with a friend and stayed here for 2 nights, Iceland is quite costly to other city's 2 nights here was around $780 AUD with breakfast. The location of the hotel is right in the heart of the city so very easy to see all the sites and restaurants, shopping ect. Rooms are basic but comfortable and clean with a little kitchenette should you want to cook which may suit some based on the price of meals, we ate out and the average was around $130-170 for dinner for 2.
While I can't comment on other hotels I found the hotel Fron reasonable and certainly well located.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 June 2018

Having read in advance about some guests complaining about the noise from the street, we contacted the hotel reception a week ahead of our arrival and asked for a quiet room in the inner yard. Which we got, and even more, on the topmost floor. The room was peaceful and we also got the twin bed we had asked for. We had also requested gluten-free bread for breakfast (yes, we got that, too), but unfortunately the hotel could not provide for lactose-free yoghurt (no, we could not find it in the two biggest supermarkets, either!). The breakfast selection was basic but good, including, for example, fruit and boiled eggs. Beware, though, that the breakfast room (located in the neighbouring restaurant, Scandinavian) is fairly small and fills up early in the morning as people are getting ready for day trips and early flight departures. And if possible, choose a table near the breakfast buffet where it is much warmer than the section next to the street (for some reason the windows are kept open).

Room Tip: Room location: see text
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 June 2018

I did't choose this hotel, my tour company did and it was the worst of them all. The hotel is not really located near attractions, save bars or souvenir shops.The room was large and beautiful but cold. I had the radiator on 4 out of 5, and it was still chilly. The bedside lamps would not work and the overhead lights would go out every time I turned to the right on the bed. The room was loud: every one of my four nights, pulsing bass music would start up from the bars on the street. And my windows faced the cobbled parking lot the noise of any and everything with wheels, (cars, suitcases) carried as well as voices of guests or staff. The TV was small and hard to see, mounted in an alcove in the wall. Twice the lobby was filled to capacity by people waiting to check in or their luggage (no luggage room?).

Room Tip: Avoid the 2nd floor - higher floors might be quieter.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

Booked a three bed suite for business trip for two nights! The suite had 3 bedrooms and very good with space! Fresh and clean! Perfect location! Not a luxuary hotel but Nice anyway! Breakfast was ok, and The rastaurang served good lunch

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business