“Enjoyed our last dinner in Reykjavik.”
Review of Kol Restaurant

Kol Restaurant
Ranked #46 of 545 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Cuisines: Deli, Seafood, International, Grill
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Restaurant is situated at Skolavordustigur 40 in Reykjavik. The design concept is a mixture of warm modern Icelandic feel with international touch wherein furniture of designer Tom Dixon play the main role. The restaurants is on two floors with an open kitchen and a wieldy bar. The restaurant is divided into spaces with cozy leather couches and has a variety of different table settings. The cuisine is feel good comfort food with a twist on classic cuisine. The menu offers a variety of starters, salads, fish, steaks and desserts. The head chef, Sævar Lárusson is a young ambitious chef who has gathered years of experience at Reykjavík‘s best restaurants, working along side many of the country’s most renown chefs. The restaurant centers around a bar where the country's best cocktail bartenders serve craft cocktails from the best ingredients available and are offering an ambitious cocktail list.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Very good location. Dinner was good.
Had the ahi tuna and duck salad. Husband had the green salad and cod. Food was good, no real wow factor. Nice mix of flavors. Service was good. We were lucky to sit by the window.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,473)

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

One of the best meals I've ever eaten! We got the tasting menu and it was amazing. Great flavor combinations, fresh fish, perfectly seared meat, and excellent seasoning. I can't say enough about what a wonderful experience this was.

1  Thank Lizz H
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Dining is Reykjavík can be pricey but on my last night in town I decided to treat myself to dinner at Kol which was recommended to me by my Air B n B host. Walked in without a reservation at 7.15pm and was seated right away. I was lucky to have a view of the kitchen so I could see the chefs work their magic! Complimentary bread with thyme butter was delicious. The kitchen also treated me to a complimentary starter of beef tataki which was divine. For main course I chose the slow cooked beef rib eye. The portion size was more than enough and I can eat quite a lot, especially after a busy day of touring! The meal itself was beautifully presented and delicious, especially the mushroom purée which I could have had on its own with some warm sourdough. Definitely worth the price and now that I have been I would say it is actually very good value for money considering the attentive service and fine dining experience. Run, don’t walk!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Went here to celebrate my mother in law's birthday and boy, did we strike gold here. The atmosphere is very relaxed and a bit loud, but really friendly service with constant attention started the evening on a great note. Our mixed group of seniors to teenagers quickly found our favourites on the menu and we all loved our dishes. The presentation of each dish was just Instagram friendly with fantastic desserts rounding off a wonderful experience. A bit on the pricey side but worth every penny. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Love the bread and the whipped butter. Love the atmosphere and everything I've tried is awesome. Burgers at lunchtime are so good and the fries fried in graisse de canard are to die for.