“Fish meal in March 2018”
Review of Solon Bistro

Solon Bistro
Ranked #74 of 535 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Price range: US$11 - US$44
Cuisines: International, Gastropub, Fusion
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Solon Bistro offers a great variety of small courses, salads, hamburgers, sandwiches and steaks in addition to fresh fish daily. Solon Bistro is located in the city center, at the top of Bankastraeti just below Skolavördustigur. The old building that Solon resides in is very beautiful with lovely interior design which gives the restaurant a vibrant and romantic look and feel. The second floor is for rent and more information please contact via email. The wine menu is very versatile and you’ll find wines from most of the world’s renowned vineyards. Coffee, drinks, cocktails and snaps of all sorts can be found at Solon Bistro. You're always welcome.
Reviewed 10 March 2018

We dined here on our first night in Reykjavik as it looked so attractive. We both had Haddock meals, which were delicious, and reasonably priced (for Reykjavik). Service was very good, attentive, but not rushed. Can certainly recommend for anyone wanting a mid priced meal.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

Ate here a few nights ago. I ordered the burger & my husband ordered the fish. For some reason 2 tables up from us, who arrived after us and ordered the same food as us received their food about 10 minutes before us. When the food did arrive mine was barely warm! I would have sent it back, but we had waited so long I could not be bothered to wait any longer. We also noticed when we received the bill that they had added an item in error. If the meal was decent, then the prices would have been reasonable, however, we did get charged £2.85 for a bit of mayonnaise! I would avoid this place in the future.

Reviewed 3 March 2018

Do not waste your money. I know this city isn’t cheap and we did choose to stop on one of the main streets so it was never goiing to be cheap but even so...
Three tables around us were complaining re time it took for food to arrive. We ordered a lamb soup, steak baguette, coke and a coffee. Food was alright but no more and the bill was £50! Had we wanted meringue for dessert it was a further £14. I don’t mind paying for something special but this is basic at best.

Reviewed 2 March 2018 via mobile

Great food for picky eaters. I ordered the club sandwich. My sister and neice got the burger and steak sandwich. The meals we ordered came with fries and the beer was good.

Reviewed 1 March 2018

We ate here twice during our three day stay in Reykjavik. I had Arctic char and my wife had risotto. Both meals were delicious and perfectly cooked. On our third night we had a bad experience at another restaurant so returned to the Solon and had a delicious cake The staff are nice and friendly and we also enjoyed our dinks. Highly recommended