“Just lovely”

Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Lewdown
Price range: US$19 - US$76
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A beautiful Jacobean manor house deep in the Devon countryside, Lewtrenchard Manor offers luxury dining in a sublime setting. Dating back to the 1600s, the Manor has an interesting and varied history, a fact that can be seen in every nook and cranny throughout the hotel and dining rooms. One of the finest restaurants in the county, the Lewtrenchard Manor restaurant is overseen by Chef Matthew Peryer who learned his trade in high quality Michelin stared establishments. The menus make the most of the best of Devonshire produce while employing the methods and flavour combinations of chic modern European cuisine, earning the restaurant its reputation. Lively and relaxed, Lewtrenchard Manor is a superb place in which to indulge in the very best food and, indeed, delightful wines from the extensive cellar of old and new world labels.
Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

Had a beautiful 3 course set menu for a weekend lunchtime here. The food was fantastic - beautifully cooked, presented and balanced. The staff were super friendly and professional. The grounds and setting are just lovely. Would highly recommend.

2  Thank Amber C
Duncan M, General Manager at Lewtrenchard Manor Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2018

Dear AmberC

Thank you for your very nice comments. I am delighted thar you enjoyed your lunch with us and we very much look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

The food was superb and staff very attentive. We stayed 3 nights, if we had stayed longer I would have preferred the menu to change.

3  Thank heatherhoney2015
Duncan M, General Manager at Lewtrenchard Manor Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2018

Dear heathhoney2015

Thank you very much for your review. The menu should change a little every night and I am sorry if this was not the case. Also for long stays we do verbally ask guests if there is anything special they would like that is not on the menu. We will aim to do better next time.

Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

Went to Lewtrenchard Manor for a lunch with a jazz band playing.
I was very excited to take my mother here for a treat! I had high expectations due it being a special lunch and it was £70 for us both.
I don't usually leave bad reviews as I'm not a fussy eater but the main meal was quite bad if I'm honest.
Hard Yorkshire pudding, undercooked meat, tiny piece of broccoli, one carrot, two small potatos and hardly anything else. Also fairly cold and no flavour/bland.
I was embarrassed-also wobbly table and I must say the room needed painting. The corner we were in was dirty on the floor, definitely hasn't been cleaned for quite a while.
Another thing the band had a break during the meal! I was hoping we were going to listen to the band during our meal... as it was a jazz lunch!
I'm going to take mum out for another meal to make up for it. Shame.

2  Thank Charlotte T
Duncan M, General Manager at Lewtrenchard Manor Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2018

Dear charz321

I am very sorry that you were so disappointed at lunch with us yesterday. I am also sorry that when we mentioned that we had reduced the price for you as you only had two courses that you did not mention the issues and I would have happily tried to rectify matters then. I'm sorry you did not enjoy the meal and also that the jazz band did not play long enough.This will be put right.
The ballroom floor had been cleaned on Saturday in readiness for the jazz lunch the next day. It is a very old floor and and has never had the appearance of a modern wooden flooring so as I'm sure you would understand, there is not much we can do about that. I apologise for the wobbly table, again because of the old floor, and it should have been rectified before you sat down instead of you having to point it out and then it being dealt with.

I hope you give us another chance.

Reviewed 30 April 2018

Had a birthday dinner here for three. The three courses were all well prepared and presented. Unusual bread (can't remember name) but very good. The young waiter was on his own for the first time and he tried very hard. He will probably make a good waiter. The wine was excellent. Not the cheapest meal you'll eat in the area but worth the visit.

1  Thank BigJock7
Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

Equal to the overall stay at the Manor. If you read my review of our stay, you'll know that this is high praise.

1  Thank Jody B
Duncan M, General Manager at Lewtrenchard Manor Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2018

Dear Jody B

Once again, many many thanks for a lovely review.