“Big tasty portions”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 August 2017

We stopped by for lunch on a Monday in July. We had been driving around Gozo for the day and wanted somewhere nice to stop for lunch. Marsalforn seemed to be a hotbed of highly rated restaurants so we stopped by. Unfortunately for us, a lot of the restaurants seemed to be closed for lunch. Fortunately for us Ta' Pennellu was great.

Located right at the front of the Marina it's a fantastic setting to look out of. There's a few restaurants nearby but the general location didn't seem to be very busy at the time we visited.

I ordered a cesar salad and my partner opted for a starter portion of lasagne. Before our food arrived we were each treated to a starter plate of treats. Then our food arrived and the portions were massive. If that was a small lasagne I can't imagine what a main meal version was. The food was great and tasty.

Afterwards we were treated to Limoncello. I had a beer with my lunch and my partner had two very large glasses of wine. The total was €25 which I thought was great value for massive portions on the main meals, free starter, free Limoncello, a beer, two wines and sharing bottle of water.

The service was great, even though she seemed to be on her own.

Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

Food was fantastic. The meal sizes were huge. We ordered entree mussles between two and it was the perfect size for two to share! I was somewhat full after it and sadly couldn't finish my seafood marinara, lucky I got a doggy bag. Wait staff were very friendly. Quite a few large groups and we got our food in reasonable time however there may have been some other people with some long waits.

Reviewed 1 August 2017

Ate here Sunday evening. Very good fresh food, service was impeccable. What a great night. Ambiance was also very special especially with the outside seating. Bill was cheap for fresh fish and champagne. Would definitely recommend and be back soon!

Reviewed 26 July 2017

friendly well run restaurant, always a high standard of food, does get very busy so a bit slower service during busy times.

Reviewed 23 July 2017

The service was accelent , very professional and high class. The food was cooked to perfection and the waiters were very efficiant. I would suggest anyone who is going to visite gozo to go to marsalforn and eat at this restaurant.