“A wonderful Lunch”

Ranked #6 of 20 Restaurants in Xaghra
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The story of Ta’ Frenc as we know it today is the story of two very young men, Ino Attard and Lino Cefai, who, more than 30 years ago, recognised in the crumbling limestone walls of this centuries-old farmhouse, a possibility, a dream, a promise, a renaissance. Literally stone by stone, step by step archway by archway, they restored the building without destroying its soul. Original features such as the animal mangers were retained and these are now a feature of the bar area. The high-ceilinged airy interior is divided into different areas by archways and screens. Mature trees were retained, and others planted. And thus they created Auberge Ta’ Frenc, which opened its doors to the public on 22 May 1982. Checked red and white tablecloths, rustic French-style furniture and a classic French menu greeted their first guests, many of whom remain faithful customers today, of the internationally renowned restaurant now known simply as Ta’ Frenc Restaurant. Despite its name and pronunciation, Ta’ Frenc has nothing to do with France. It means Francis’ place; Francis was the farmer who owned the building.
Reviewed 4 October 2016

Ta' Frenc was recommended by our Host. We were looking for a classy long lunch and thought this high-end spot might be better mid-day. The restaurant is beautiful and very high end. At lunch, we received the same dinner menu and specials, with the full attention of the staff, it was relaxed, classy and delicious. We found the prices quite reasonable for the high style and standards. We opted for the seafood pasta and steak Diane, both made flambe, tableside by the restaurant manager. It was delicious. A wonderful experience in a beautiful setting....

Reviewed 30 September 2016 via mobile

Been a few times now and it never disappoints. From start to finish the food and service was impeccable. We had friends come for the first time and they too loved it. It's always the culinary highlight to our holidays.

Reviewed 29 September 2016 via mobile

This place is a amazing and the food and wine were fantastic. The service was impeccable and nothing was any bother. The only criticism I would say was they were filming an advert at the time of us dining which was really cool and didn't mind, but the restaurant manager just seem to leave us, again I didn't mind but it seemed he had to be in control of that too. We will be back soon

Reviewed 26 September 2016 via mobile

Wanted to treat ourselves during our annual trip to Malta /Gozo. What a find. I can not fault any of our dishes. ...except maybe my eyes where a lot bigger than my belly. Two guests had a seafood pasta that was cooked fresh at our table. And they said that both dishes were declious. I had lamb shank. It was massive and cooked to perfection. All 4 starters were amazing. The fresh onion soup the home made bread. Locally sorced produce. Even the table decorations came from the local crafts village. The pumpkin soup was brilliant. The staff were attentive polite friendly and did an excellent job. I really can't fault it. My dessert was let down because I just couldn't eat it all. My stomach was beyond full. So much so that I had to decline coffee. I will definitely be coming back. .. a treat well delivered. The settings are amazing.

Reviewed 22 September 2016

We've visited this restaurant when on holidays in Gozo since 2011. Nice for a treat. Service could be better, food is good.