“One of the best restaurants in Gozo & Malta.”
Review of Gianni's - CLOSED

Gianni's
Price range: US$6 - US$37
Cuisines: Italian, International
Good for: View, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: My son Stefano and I moved from Torino, in the North West of Italy, to Gozo after coming here on holiday several times. The reason is that we were in love with the people, the way of live and the sea that this island was offering us. Here we noticed that the italian cooking is well known and reproduced mainly concerning courses that belong to the South of Italy. On the contrary, we've hardly had the pleasure to taste some of the ones from the North. In order to supply to this lack, we would like to introduce some of the traditional courses from the North of Italy and, in the same time, to propose the favourite local dishes (excellent fish, savoury meat, ripe vegetables...) but differently cooked, following our own special style.We will try to make you experience unprecedented flavours, discover unknown virtues of already famous food in a friendly and relaxed atmosphere where to spend happy hours. We will make any effort to make you satisfied. Thank you.Gianni
Reviewed 28 August 2015

Very few places in the mediterranean can match the quality of food (very fresh and very delicious), the service (passionate attention to detail you rarely find these days), and above all the view (get there before sunset and one of your best Gozo experiences will be complete). Thank you Gianni, Stefano for looking after us so well. See you next year!

3  Thank Cosmo S

Reviewed 28 August 2015

nice restaurant with a lovely view of the bay and valley.
Great food and very friendly staff!!
We will definitely visit again!

1  Thank Analisa S
Reviewed 24 August 2015

We discovered this gem one evening while looking for a different restaurant, and it blew our mind!

To be honest, it doesn't look like much from the outside. However, once you walk in you find yourself in a modern loungy restaurant with surprisingly comfortable wooden furniture.

When we walked in one of the owners came to greet us and asked whether we had booked. We hadn't, which did not turn out to be a problem though. Since the terrace was fully booked we were placed on a table close to the terrace so that we still could enjoy a little breeze.

Since we hadn't booked we were advised that it might take a little longer to be served. However, we didn't experience any delay. On the contrary, we were served without any delay.

The service was remarkable: The waiter took time to explain the different specials of the day and also explained how this restaurant only uses fresh produce, that the menu changes every week and that they have daily specials. All in all VERY thorough and informative - and in fluent English.

It should go without saying that the food was exceptional as well. We had starters, primi, secondi and dessert. That may sound like a lot - and it was - but the portion size was perfect and we never felt too full to eat the next course.

My starter was toasted bread with onions, herbs and oil. Not too fancy, you might say, but it was really good. I then had pasta with a chili tomato sauce, and finally a nice beef with truffle sauce.

Throughout the service was friendly and quick. We will definitively go again and we encourage everyone who is in Gozo for a couple of days to check it out too.

2  Thank Andy B
Stefano_Remondino, Proprietario at Gianni's, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2015

Hi and thanks for your lovely review!
I am very happy you enjoyed your evening with us. Yes, we are always happy when people book in advance, both because it gives us a better possibility of organising and offering a better service, and because it's the best way for our customer to be sure to have a spot on the panoramic terrace.
Thank you very much for appreciating all the efforts we put in making our customers' experience unique. I will be very happy to see you and your lovely girlfriend again.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 23 August 2015

We had a beautiful view and a great table, the service was brilliant but I'm afraid the food was just ok. The starters were bland and chewy, the curry was nice but have tasted better and the puddings were just boring. The setting and restaurant are beautiful and the service was excellent BUT unfortunately it wasn't the best food we had on Gozo .

1  Thank Kidschocs

Hi.
I am sorry that our food didn't meet your expectations. I have to admit, though, that I expect more from a trip advisor review. This is an instrument that is supposed to help the future customers and the restaurants to get the best experience possible.
As a restaurant owner, I find any kind of feedback useful, as it helps me to adjust the trajectory to best meet the taste of my customers. Unluckily, though, from your review I only know that you ate the thailandese curry, and that you didn't like the rest. I don't know what it is you ate.
Having an international clientele, we try to cater for different kind of people, so it happens that something that a person loved does not have the same effect on somebody else. That's why I am always ready to explain a dish and I usually ask before the order if there are any doubts or questions about the food.
Hoping to satisfy you better the next time you will pay us a visit,
kind regards

Reviewed 21 August 2015

Family run with a love of fresh ingredients. Great service by the chefs sons and the chef patron came to visit us at the table to check all was ok. Great food and family friendly. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Jason1570

Hi!
Thank you very much for the nice review! I am happy that your visit was so pleasant. I hope to see you the next time you are in Gozo.
Kind regards,