“UNDOUBTEDLY THE BEST RESTAURANT IN MALTA!!”

Tartarun Fish Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 56 Restaurants in Marsaxlokk
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

During our brief stay in Malta we dined in many restaurants around the island - part of the job!
And this family restaurant stood out as the finest Malta has.
The ingredients were very fresh and treated with respect allowing the produce to Shine.
Service was impeccable and unobtrusive.
Rena and her sons are passionate and unpretentious about what they do.
If you’re into good food and wine you have to go.
Such a treat to have eaten there.
For me it was a 2 Star experience without the frills and stuffiness.
Hats off to the team and the experience they created.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Easter Sunday lunch was a 'were should we go', and my mind almost instantly always reminds me of failed tries of new restaurants. The Tartarun, stands proud in my list of , never a let down. Lets say sometime they exceed my expectations, but, never a glum exit..
Last Sunday was one of those special moments that makes you happy that good food exists and hidden in Tartarun's kitchen is their chef. Osso n buco, kale and porchini tagliatelle, do not feel right, but, I was wrong, they taste like haven. Fish, always fresh, so very good. Their REAL 'gamberi rossi' leave you speachless and drive your hand to your wine glass. Dessert is always good and their home made halva ice-cream is a must.
The host, which I am sorry and ashamed to say, I don't remember her name, is sweet and makes you feel at home with a very warm welcome smile. The staff, knows what is going on and apart from fluent English... they speak my language...Maltese.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Do not miss to visit this fishermen's real village that dedicated a monument to the families of its fishermen. Above all, do not miss to visit this classy restaurant when you visit Malta! Service is very good, all courses are excellent and innovative, few tables and many people serving you but also helping you to pick up the fish that best fits your wish. Also, very good quality/price ratio. Finally, wines are fine.

2  Thank LandFFossacaprara
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

The 3 stars are the mean between the food (5 stars for Malta standards) and the service (1 star by any standards).
The food was really tasty and better quality than all the other places we’ve been to in Malta. Great prawn carpaccio and super tasty dish of the day.
The service has been poor all along. With un-friendly and overworked staff. We were actually discussing wether to leave a tip or not. But we decided to leave for the sake of the chef who delivered really good food. However, what topped it all when it comes to service was when the waitress cleaning up our table splashed red sauce (from my plate) on both my husband and my daughter. This is inexcusable and the main reason why we gave this place a 3 star in stead of 5.

s_schiavone, Owner at Tartarun Fish Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2018

Dear Monica G

sorry to see this review as it does not reflect our restaurant standards.

We would be really interested in hearing further about your meal experience and other details to help us investigate.

If you would like to contact me in this regard please fell free to email me on stephen.schiavone@tartarun.com

Kind Regards
Stephen

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Impeccable service and the food is simply delicious and stunning! Oysters and starters were amazingly fresh and main course of beef cheek and sea bass simply melted in your mouth! Accompanying veg and potatoes were also cooked perfectly. Wonderful evening! Definitely will visit again!