“One of the best restaurants in Malta”

Tartarun Fish Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 56 Restaurants in Marsaxlokk
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 5 May 2018

This was the surprise restaurant of our trip to Malta. We visited Marsazlokk, with the intention of eating lunch here on our last day in Malta. We expected the usual seaside restaurants one usually finds in a touristy fishing village like Marsazlokk. Tarturan turned out to be an elegant restaurant, with excellent service, and original and excellent food.
My wife had fried calamari (done perfectly with a light batter), and a prawn carpaccio, which was superb. I had a panko encrusted soft shell crab and 6 grilled langoustine. Everything was excellent!

1  Thank sssteveg

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

A group of us 8 came and had lunch yesterday and we are back again today !
I had the best seafood since Madrid a few years ago this a family run business ,son James in the kitchen and the whole family involved .
This is not just a mama papa operation it’s at the very top end of food quality and service what a hidden jewel .
It’s casual but with Michelin star food but great value for money .
It was a faultless meal and the service run effortlessly with Rena at the helm .
If you miss this you have missed a part of Malta since it’s on the largest fishing port and largest fish market on the island !

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

During our brief stay in Malta we dined in many restaurants around the island - part of the job!
And this family restaurant stood out as the finest Malta has.
The ingredients were very fresh and treated with respect allowing the produce to Shine.
Service was impeccable and unobtrusive.
Rena and her sons are passionate and unpretentious about what they do.
If you’re into good food and wine you have to go.
Such a treat to have eaten there.
For me it was a 2 Star experience without the frills and stuffiness.
Hats off to the team and the experience they created.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Easter Sunday lunch was a 'were should we go', and my mind almost instantly always reminds me of failed tries of new restaurants. The Tartarun, stands proud in my list of , never a let down. Lets say sometime they exceed my expectations, but, never a glum exit..
Last Sunday was one of those special moments that makes you happy that good food exists and hidden in Tartarun's kitchen is their chef. Osso n buco, kale and porchini tagliatelle, do not feel right, but, I was wrong, they taste like haven. Fish, always fresh, so very good. Their REAL 'gamberi rossi' leave you speachless and drive your hand to your wine glass. Dessert is always good and their home made halva ice-cream is a must.
The host, which I am sorry and ashamed to say, I don't remember her name, is sweet and makes you feel at home with a very warm welcome smile. The staff, knows what is going on and apart from fluent English... they speak my language...Maltese.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Do not miss to visit this fishermen's real village that dedicated a monument to the families of its fishermen. Above all, do not miss to visit this classy restaurant when you visit Malta! Service is very good, all courses are excellent and innovative, few tables and many people serving you but also helping you to pick up the fish that best fits your wish. Also, very good quality/price ratio. Finally, wines are fine.

2  Thank LandFFossacaprara