The Palace
  • Beachfront
US$125
  • Bar/Lounge
3,713 results
All reviewschurch bellstemptasian restaurantinfinity poolcomfort roomtabloid restauranttown cafetop floorfive star hotellovely hotelsparkling winesauna and steam roomjunior suitesea frontst julianstea and coffeesister hotelshort break
Reviewed 29 March 2018

We choose this hotel as it was rated 5 star. Location is great selima is about 10 mins walk. The breakfast was good. When booked the in the details it mentioned it provided free water and assumed it would be free for the rest of our stay, but we got one bottle. And the rest you had to purchase. The swimming pool is tiny, steam room can fit about 4 people and it wast no working and no staff there to help. There was no Jacuzzi. The room has no table or chairs so no where to eat if you order room service. The was a table on the balcony but it was cold when we went so could not sit outside. The hotel looks quite dated and would not say that this is 5 star.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank versha2016
Kevin_Callus, General Manager at The Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear versha2016,

Your feedback on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay at The Palace is most appreciated and acknowledged.

All comments and suggestions made by our guests are discussed at Management level as this reflects what our guests enjoy and expect from us here at The Palace.

We do hope to see you again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

I have had a wonderful weeks holiday staying at the Palace Hotel, Sliema. The hotel was very comfortable, the staff always helpful, courteous and smiling. The room was perfect.
The food was of a very high standard and varied, I was content after a busy day touring to eat at the main dining room on four out of the six nights I spent in the hotel.
The road from the seafront to the hotel in on a steep incline but at 83 years of age and walking slowly his was no handicap.
This hotel was recommended to me by my niece and her husband who spent the Christmas period as guests and I found the hotel to be very satisfactory.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Kevin_Callus, General Manager at The Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

Dear drankin640,

We are so delighted to read that your experience at The Palace has been such a positive and pleasant one. Such comments surely entice our motivation to persevere in our quest in achieving the guest full satisfaction.

We do hope to see you back at The Palace again soon.

Reviewed 27 March 2018

Enjoyed a week's stay at this hotel in mid-March on a dinner, bed and breakfast basis staying in a superior room on the 8th floor. Whilst there is much that is good about the hotel they don't quite get to the 5 star level they proclaim.
Room:-
This was of very good size and comfortably furnished. The balcony was good size and had a great view across the rooftops to the sea(not Valletta side). The bed was huge and superbly comfortable. Bathrobe and slippers were provided and the towels were adequate but not luxurious.
The chest of draws became annoying as when you opened the top drawer the lower ones also slowly opened!
On one evening an event was held on the floor above and the music, particularly the bass beat, was intrusive. Also you can hear anytime that a chair was scraped on the floor. However it finished promptly at 11pm and there was no further noise that night.
Restaurant (buffet):-
The food at dinner was generally superb with masses of choice! AT breakfast there was a good selection for all tastes but the bacon was generally dry and tasteless.
Drinks service and plate clearing at both meals was a little hit and miss.
Bar (Talk of the Town):-
The only bar open during my stay was adjacent to reception. The cocktail happy hour was good value and popular but catching the waiter's eye to get served was sometimes difficult.
This bar could do with a refurbishment as furniture was worn and marked and that was not 5 star.
Staff:-
They were invariably friendly and eager to make your stay enjoyable. Sometimes they were not quite aware that you needed serving.
Location:-
The hotel is in a pleasant residential area and being at the top of a hill you get great views from higher floors especially the outdoor pool area on the top floor.
It is a 5-6 minutes walk down to Sliema waterfront where there are shops, bars, restaurants, buses, ferry and boat trips. Just don't forget that its a 5-6 minutes walk back up hill to the hotel!
Leisure:-
The hotel has both an indoor and outdoor pool. The later was not in use during my stay although you still could access it. The indoor pool area although nice is quite small and so can get full quite quickly. There is also a small steam room (4 places) and a slightly larger sauna. Pool towels are obtained from the Spa reception 1 floor above.

Overall the hotel has lots of attributes that are near top of the class plus effective WiFi and room safe included in the price. But the minor issues stop it being 5 star for me.
Having said that I would still be happy to return.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors have better views but you can get noise from top floor restaurant.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo

Dear BeYellowbelly,

We thank you for kindly finding the time to write in your thoughts about your recent stay at The Palace.

You wrote quite extensively and all Management and staff at The Palace are extremely appreciative of this...

We all look ahead to welcome you back at The Palace in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 27 March 2018

I don't want to be negative about the hotel. It was clean, friendly, comfortable and the food was lovely. I read the previous review about the bells and thought I'd be OK but there was a wedding on and wow! I was auditioning for the part of Quasimodo!....

It wasn't prolonged and to be honest, once night came I was able to work and sleep quite happily.

It's tucked away and you have a short walk to the front where all the restaurants were and being a Pom I set out with a degree of trepidation though the side streets, gripping my phone tightly whilst Google Maps pointed me in the right direction.. I then realised I was in Malta and didn't have to look over my shoulder all the time, relaxed and found a nice bar on the front for a quick beer and a pizza... All in all, I'd give it a 'Good' and worth a stay.

Room Tip: I think a room away from the church would be a plus!
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Simon G

Dear Simon G,

We do hope to see you again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

The Palace Hotel is worthy of its name "The Palace". This contemporary Hotel offers what a Palace can offer to a guest. It is located in the very heart of Sliema and many of the shops/restaurants nearby are within walking distance. It has excellent designer decor and boutique atmosphere. Guests can enjoy different rooms/suites from a luxury designer suite to a comfort room at very reasonable prices. The rooms are big and well decorated with fine furniture. A great selection of high-quality food can be found during buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner. Staff are very dedicated, smiling and friendly and are always ready to serve and assist their guests. The decor, atmosphere, food and staff of the Hotel are superb. On the roof top of the hotel you can find an open air pool, The TemptAsian restaurant and marvelous and spectacular views of Sliema and Valletta Harbour.. During our free time we enjoyed ourselves at the indoor pool, sauna and steam bath. I do highly recommend this beautiful Hotel to any traveler.

Room Tip: Choosing higher rooms is the best option as you see spectacular views of Sliema and the Valletta Harbour
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Gaetano A,

It is gratifying to see that you enjoyed your stay at The Palace.

A big 'thank you' from all at The Palace for kindly placing your review about your stay with us on TripAdvisor.

We look ahead to hosting further relaxing stays at The Palace in the near future.