“Good service and awesome empanadas!”
Review of Little Argentina

Little Argentina
Ranked #4 of 200 Restaurants in Sliema
Price range: US$5 - US$34
Cuisines: Argentinian, Steakhouse
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Only quality meat, cooked by "Asadores", Argentinian meat specialists. Enjoy a wonderful meal and a good service, in a relaxed and friendly environment. We are A REAL ARGENTINIAN STEAK HOUSE IN MALTA. Once you try our food, you know that immediatelly. If you feel like enjoying a great "asado" of grilled Argentinian meat, with good Argentinian wine or maybe some typical empanadas, a good "picada" platter or simply a wonderful vegetarian bbq...This is your place. Here you can have, and share with your people, some happy and relaxed time, with a good meal and friendly staff. This is a place to eat and enjoy the time together. You are very welcome to come and have a nice experience eating out in Malta.
Reviewed 10 September 2016 via mobile

We recently visited here after a recommendation and enjoyed the meal. When we arrived we were warmly welcomed by the staff. We ordered empanadas (beef and onion) that were delicious! We had steak (fillet and rib eye) with chips and chimmuchrri sauce (wished it was spicier). Reasonable price for what we had and would go back the next time we visit Malta

1  Thank Missy77s

Reviewed 9 September 2016

Not the cheapest place around but if you are looking for a steak, this is the place to come. Almost 5 stars but not quite. Service was excellent and the restaurant itself does not look much from outside, but it opens up to a friendly much larger welcoming place inside. For our dinner I had the short ribs, which I thought were a little pricey for what you got. The meat was really tasty but a little tough. However, my wife had the cheaper rib eye cut, similarly seasoned and it was excellent. A little different from the local restaurants around and certainly worth the visit. Next time I know what to order :)

1  Thank linzerbairn
Reviewed 8 September 2016 via mobile

Nice people, but a Resteraunt that goes half the way there. Warm, honest staff, sadly lacking in knowledge of their function.
If I could I would rate between 2/3 star only just!
Food quality and presentation was poor value. It aspires to be more, but without follow through. Wine much overpriced for what is a poor to average selection. At €29 a bottle in Malta I would expect more, much more. That said I knew that I was paying a huge premium when I saw some bottles at 4 times retail prices. 2 times the retail price we have come to expect and indeed understand.
If you are looking for an Argentine experience, continue to search, if you have to go to to Argentina, then go, at least you will have a memorable experience for the right reasons.
The Resteraunt was reasonable full and it is the tourist season here. I hope the customers were more interested in each other than in the food. Dining alone allows you to be in full focus of the food and wine together with the atmosphere etc. I feel it will survive without me returning, more because of the through put of tourists and the location, than local custom. The food in Malta is generally if a higher standard.

1  Thank Paddy1111
Reviewed 8 September 2016 via mobile

As a meat lover, I was keen to try Little Argentina.
The ambiance is relaxed and friendly.
I went for the T-bone, whilst my wife had rib-eye. Both were cooked medium and were spot on.
I can honestly say mine was the best steak I'd ever eaten!
We'll worth a visit for meat lovers.

1  Thank markibak
Reviewed 31 August 2016 via mobile

Great little restaurant. Board games to play while you wait, even an acoustic guitar to pick up and strum. Food was cooked perfectly, fillet steak, ribeye steak, stuffed chicken and kids chicken nuggets cooked to perfection. Seriously considering going back for our final night holiday meal in just 3 days time.