All reviewsrooftop restaurantsingle roomgrand harbourthe busticket kiosktop floorfloor lamparrivals hallmarble staircaseoverlooking the squareparliament buildingupper barrakka gardensalarm clockold buildinginside the city wallsbest featureexcellent location
Reviewed 20 June 2018

I stayed at the Castille Hotel from 12-19 June 2018 in room 23 (single).

I had a great time with no problems at all and the price was very reasonable for the location and facilities.

PROS:
Breakfasts were great and varied.
Rooftop views were superb.
Room was perfect for the stay with A/C and a fridge.
Toiletries were adequate although I brought my own.
Shower was hot and had good pressure.
TV and channels were fine (although the remote didn't work but was soon fixed)
Bed was comfortable and clean as was the room in general.
Towels were changed daily when required.
Staff were very friendly and helpful, particularly Mark on the front desk.
Perfect location for exploring Valletta and beyond.
Two elevators of a good size.

CONS:
It would be nice to have access to drinking water and a tea/coffee machine in the lobby or communal area. Coming in late the café is closed and would be nice to get a late drink etc

Not much else!

(I didn't use the restaurant for lunch/dinner so cannot comment)

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank KevMull
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

Just arrived back from this hotel in Valletta Malta,
I found the rooms basic but practical, Although I was assured by the manager that by this time next year the rooms will be totally renovated. The staff were nyon perfect, freindly, polite, and always had a smile on their face. For the last 11 years I’ve stayed at the 5 star Grand Excelsior and only stumbled The Castille by chance. I’ve already reserved my room for June 2019, Looking forward to returning to this establishment and with the promised changes I truly can’t wait....Well done All at the beautifly placed Castille Hotel and thank you...❤️

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 June 2018

We had a wonderful week in Valletta,the city is beautiful.Heard jazz at Bridge bar,visited the Picasso Miro exhibition and took trips to Gozo,Comino,Medina,Marsaxlokk,the three cities,Sliema,all easily accessible from Valletta.The hotel is in a wonderful location the view from nearby Upper Barracca Gardens gardens is astonishing.
The hotel,described in our guide book as a hotel with character,can best be described as quirky .It is probably in need of a refresh .Our room was spacious with a fridge ,air con and plenty of storage space.The decor was pretty tired,breakfast was average ,staff were friendly ,welcoming,informative and helpful.However we so loved the location that we would probably go back to the hotel.

Room Tip: We had a great room on second floor overlooking the square and harbour
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Alpharooms
Reviewed 27 April 2018

I had a single room which was adequate in that it had a bed, a chair, and a very cramped desk-cum-dressing table. The light over the desk did not work, but when I reported it to the front desk they had it fixed the same day. The is a wood floor - no carpet and the window is not double glazed. There was a switch for air-con but I could not get it to work. There is no kettle or facility for making a hot drink in the room and you are given a small bottle of water on day one only.
Breakfast did not start until 0730, and the staff were not partuicularly helpful - for example when I asked for soya milk I was told by the waiter that they don't use it so I couldn't have any. I was supposed to tell them in advance that I wanted some. When I expressed surprise that a hotel which catered for international guests could not provide such a simple item as soya milk, he relented and said he would get some in a few minutes. There is live music on a Thursday night which is very loud. This was the second occasion I had stayed there - chosen for location and proximity to town. I do not think I will stay there again. Rooms and in particular bathroom rather antiquated and could do with a makeover. Bedcover had some suspicious stains on it - obviously not changed very regularly.

Room Tip: Try and get a room away from the street if possible.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank JohnB056
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

When I arrived at Castille hotel , I found out that the hotel had overbooked because of the Easter weekend. The receptionist apologized nicely and paid for taxi to a nearby Hotel and offered me free Easter dinner at the rooftop restaurant at the Castille.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo