“Evening meal in a lovely courtyard setting”
Review of Stone Arch - CLOSED

Stone Arch
Cuisines: European
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 16 October 2016

Found this restaurant tucked away down a side street in Kyrenia. First impressions was of the lovely courtyard setting and reasonable choice menu. Waiter. not over friendly but service reasonable. I chose the dish of the day "lamb shank " which turned out to be a chump chop however very tender and tasty once I got some mint sauce! Husband's liver and onion also tender but this is not a restaurant to go hungry to!!!A very nice touch, one small sliced potato and a few carrots between the two of us!!!! A very nice touch ending the meal with a brandy on the house .

2  Thank William D

Reviewed 29 July 2016

My husband found this superb restaurant through trip advisor. Excellent menu and service, the food was out of this world. Wonderful setting what more could you ask for, we will definely be back

1  Thank 8,001,234
Reviewed 28 July 2016

A group of four of us visited
Three had steaks with sauce (they don't do a plain steak)
I had Angolan steak which is strips of beef in a sauce, the beef was good but the sauce was very bland, the others enjoyed their steaks.
They brought a dish with one sliced potato for everyone to share, seriously two small slices of potato each, I asked for more and they brought another one, come on guys potatoes are cheap as chips (pun intended) you would expect to get at least one potato each !
The service was good and the staff were friendly
Drinks were reasonably priced

1  Thank Brummyron
Reviewed 18 July 2016

visited Stone Arch as usual, we do couple times a year, and it is usually very nice food. However, this time for some reason it was awful !! my chicken was tough, overcooked, grisly... my friends food wasn't much either, the chicken curry , although this was tender was served with about a couple spoonful's of rice.. and no 'free' liquor at the end of the meal. The lady that is usually there wasn't, don't know if this was the reason for poor quality, but certainly missed the attention that was usually given.. ummmm will think about going back im afraid ...

1  Thank tillymilly
Reviewed 28 June 2016

I came across this restaurant, in the morning - interesting looking menu -told my friends about it & decided to try later that evening.
Only one couple eating there - so the Staff altered the table arrangements quite happily to a large table - as there were 13 of us .
Because they only appeared to have this one booking- of 2 guests - they were not truly prepared for a party booking - but they immediately got the owner and other staff in quickly to take our order for drinks - then when they were settled, they took our food & wine order.
As you may imagine a sudden big order of starters and mains -along with drinks might faze some -but the friendly waiters were most obliging serving us - a very varied selection of food was served to us which we enjoyed - and we had a wonderful evening in a wonderful setting

1  Thank Roy055