“French dining”

Ranked #278 of 364 Restaurants in Larnaka City
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 5 April 2017

Visiting a country, I try to eat at local food. However, when you stay for a couple of weeks, you may want something else for a change. In Larnaka the French Rendez-Vous is an excellent alternative. Very nice environment and friendly staff. Excellent food and wine, and I recommend you have crêpe for dessert!

Reviewed 1 March 2017

We (2 people) went there on the Valentines day. The cheapest option in the set menu for the day was at 25 euros, while you could find similar quality and quantity of food for much less elsewhere. But lets say it's because of the day. A person came to take our order 20 minutes after we closed our menus and we were ready to order. We made our order, and the main course arrived 1 hour and 20 minutes later. I have been to several restaurants (usually I go a couple of times every single week) and the service of this restaurant was probably the slowest service I had experienced in my life until now. After almost 50 minutes passed I talked to the person responsible and she told me that there was a small delay and that our dish would arrive in a couple of minutes. Instead, we had to wait for *another* half an hour, 1 hour and 20 minutes after our order.
The food was good, but I don't think that I will go again there.

Reviewed 15 February 2017

We had a great valentine's dinner. The set menu was excellent with a choice of the main course (Chicken or salmon or beef fillet). The salad was well presented in crepe with balsamic sauce. We had chicken and the salmon. The overall was the dessert for two, with hard chocolate melted within the plate.

Reviewed 17 December 2016

Positives: decor, atmosphere, friendly staff, quality of food.
Negatives: speed of food preparation and size of portions.
We have eaten here twice recently and on both occasions a meal of mains and dessert took two hours. The first time we ( party of two) arrived at 1800 when the restaurant was empty and left at 2000 when it was full. The main course came reasonably quickly but we had a long wait for dessert. The second time we (party of three) arrived at 1900 when it was almost empty and left at 2100 when it was full with a very large party group. It took one hour from arriving to being served the main course by which time we had almost finished the bottle of wine and a second bottle was not an option as I was driving.
The moral seems to be that the kitchen can only cope when there are not many customers.

Reviewed 23 August 2016

Beatifully prepared and served food with deligate taste.
Nice environment accompanied by Parisian site videos on large monitor.
A refined young man in our company said "This is a cool place to bring my girl friend"