Atlantica Gardens Hotel
Ajax Hotel(Limassol)
US$111
US$94
Cancelon
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 August 2012

I have just returned from a two week stay in the Atlantica Gardens in Limassol with my wife and son ( 29 July till 12 Aug 2012) and all I can say is this was a waste of time and money. Thomson holidays don't really tell you about the Gardens only about how you can use all of the facilities at the Oasis hotel (which at best are below average). On arriving at the Gardens we were shown to our studio room which was small and cramped with dingey brown covers on the beds which were very uncomfortable at best. Then we discovered that the toilet was blocked and the ceiling tiles were cracked as well as one of the lights being a bare bulb.We were going to upgrade to all inclusive but unless you are a copious drinker this is not value for money at 43 euros each if you were bed and breakfast.You can easily eat out for about 20 euros each.We were bed and breakfast but after lookng at the dinner hall we decided to just buy our own breakfast.Limassol is no place for a holiday it has a duel carrage way running through the middle of the street which in my opinion is a death trap with boy racers showing off all day and night.If there was a plus side it was that the room was cleaned most days but although clean the bedding did show signs of wear with some holes and such like.Also the staff were very unhelpful and sometimes even quite rude, the antics at the pool at the Oasis reminded me of an 18-30 holiday not the quiet holiday I was looking for there was however an adults only pool which you have to be up at the crack of dawn to even hope to get a sunbed the other pool has them cramed together with almost no space between sunbeds. don't even bother with the beach that is 300 yards away according to the brochure it is filthy and tiny. The main street s also filthy with overflowing bins and rubbish everywhere you look.

So to finish I would summerise with this the Atlantica Gardens is not worth bothering with for a holiday and Limassol should be avoided at all costs.The brochure states this Hotel is 3-4 star I would give it 1 star at a push

Room Tip: Dont bother
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
8  Thank john_spencer905
Reviewed 1 November 2011

I stayed here at the end of July with my mum, 16yr old sister and friend for a week of sun and relaxation, which is what we got. I shared a studio with my friend, and my mum and sister shared another across the hall.
Theres a small balcony, bedrom/living area which was spacious with a tv, kitchen area was small considering it was self catering, and they dont provide any cleaning cloths...but we pinched one of their trolley for the week.Bathroom was clean and ok size.
The main hotel is a 2 minute walk across the road, we did have to make sure we got up early 6.30 and took it in turns to get up and reserve our sunbeds and parasols, everyone else does this, we learnt after the first day. People do try and pinch your parasol!
As we only went self catering we never had meals at the hotel but we did have chips one day from the snack bar inside, and they give big portions.
The pool is a good size and we liked the shape of it. Every day the fun team put on pool activites, basketball, volleyball and other games, my sister my friend and i only played on the last day and wished we had all week, it was brill! Also there was a well needed cooler indoor pool, as well as a jucuzzi that was very relaxing!
As for location there are lots of nice places to eat especially turning right at the bottom of the road from the hotel, sorry cant remember the name but there was a brill restaurant that served the best fillet steak ever , and i love steak, this was even part of the 3 course meal offer for £15 euro, other places did good food too. The staff are not as pushy as some paces i have been but still eager for your custom.
We never went to the beach as it was not really worth it, my mum ans sister went for an hour it was all rocky and a patch of black sand.
There is a supermarket about a 10/15 minute walk at the bottom of the road and left, that was cheap and everyone went there for bits, next to the supermarket is the best cake shop in the world open 24 hrs... this is a must.
Overall we had a week of sun and chilling, but i wouldnt go again to this area it wasnt lively enough for me but i am 22.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Talia16
Reviewed 31 October 2011

Fabulous -Well, I would say that - read on to find out why ! My girlfriend and I stayed here in October. We knew we were staying in Atlantica Gardens, and not Atlantica Oasis beforehand (although we were told we could use all the facilities of the 'Oasis' if required). I had received an accommodation offer from Thomson there for £5.00 per night (!!) self-catering in October at the 'Gardens', and snapped a week up ! Booking the flights / car hire independantly was no problem to us at all ! Upon arrival at the 'Atlantica Gardens', we were told our self-catering room was not available..........umm........how would the reception handle that I wondered ? Simple - they gave us a free half-board upgrade in the Atlantica Oasis for the week !! What a result - NO food to pay for - when we saw the cost of eating out in Cyprus later that week; which is far from cheap now; we realised how lucky we'd been. And the food was fabulous - plentiful, and good quality. "Well done" Atlantica Gardens - great customer service ! And the room in the 'Gardens' was spacious and clean - we were well contented, and looked after ! The staff in both the 'Atlantica Oasis' and the 'Atlantica Gardens' could not have been more helpful, or friendlier !!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank COLINMARKWICK
Reviewed 4 September 2011

OK, So we booked Atlantica Oasis and we got Atlantica Gardens. To be fair, Thomsons advised me that we would be staying across the road when I booked but they didn't say it would be a different hotel. The first you hear of Atlantica Gardens is when you get off the transfer bus,...they sneakily announce "here we are at Atlantica Oasis and Gardens". Cheeky buggers!
Saying that, we had a truly amazing holiday and there were 9 of us staying in 4 rooms in Gardens. Atlantica Gardens is across a road, but that road is quiet and pleasant and its literally a 30 second walk from one building to the other, no problem at all. You get to see loads of sweet stray cats, there were two infants on our trip and they loved seeing the cats....and so did we :-)
The main Atlantica Oasis building is fabulous, the main restaurant is truly excellent with lovely fresh food, veg and salad......all the meat and fish you can eat! We sat outside every evening as they allow you to sit out there with shorts, which in the heat was a blessing in disguise.
The adult bar is amazing and very swanky. We avoided the "butlins" style entertainment downstairs and spent most evenings outside the adult bar. We had 2 infants and they allowed us sit at the tables outside the bar and make the most of our all inclusive drinks package all evening.
Although we were staying in Gardens we upgraded to All Inclusive and this was the best decision ever! The food, drink and facilities are the main selling point of this hotel and All Inclusive gives you unlimited access to these. You can even have unlimited cocktails, baileys and amaretto coffees. At dinner there were 9 of us and we would order 3 bottles of wine (red, white and rose), 2 bottles of mineral water and 7 champagne cocktails for starters. Truly amazing value for us alcohol hungry brits.
The only downside with the food and drink is that they don't clear away your plates so you often end up having to "dump" your plates on another table to allow you to go for your next course.
The hotel has a squash court, tenning court and gym which is truly amazing for its class and we used these every day.
Another truly great attraction of the hotel is the main pool area and the adult pool. They have aqua aerobics and zumba during the day and there is a great atmosphere around the pool with some cool tunes.,
There is no getting away from it though the rooms in Gardens are pretty poor. They are big, clean and spacious with very large balconies but they are dated and don't appear to have had much love since the 1970's. The gardens complex is like the the land that time forgot but you can opt out of it completely and we spent so little time in the rooms it didn't really bother us after day one. Some people in Gardens spent the day light hours around the Gardens pool area, but this I can't understand as the Atlantica Oasis pool and atmosphere is far superior.
All in all, Atlantica offers superb value for money for families and couples alike. I would strongly recommend you upgrade to All Inclusive as it is well worth the money and the food and drink are amazing and the main selling point. The rooms in Gardens are dated and like going back in a time warp but they are clean, spacious and air conditioned so absolutely no reason that this should impact your stay if you approach it with the right frame of mind. We will definately return and will evaluate whether to stay in the main hotel or Gardens depending on the price difference at the time.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
14  Thank rosey69
Reviewed 6 July 2011

booked through thomson at Atlantica oasis a studio type room and when checked in we were told that we are situated opposite the hotel at gardens apartments And that we were upgraded to a two bedroom apartment. As we paid only 50 quid for 2 nights stay we did not complaint. The apartment was very good, recently refurbished And had all the amenities needed to make your stay comfortable. The apartments had a small swimming pool but you could use the hotel good size pool with the excellent children pool. The hotel is a heaven for children as with a big playground near the gardens apartments, the very good children pool of the hotel and few steps away from limassol luna park. Hotel gets busy in summer months And make sure that you take with long trousers formal meoes cause you ll be left hungry as the hotel main restaurant serving buffet lunch And dinner and you enjoy your half board or all inclusive does not accept shorts And swimm wear. This is the only downside of the hotel. Overall we enjoyed it And our son went crazy about the pool.

• Stayed: July 2011