St. Nicolas Elegant Residence
US$172
Agoda.com
US$419
US$406
All reviewscoral bayhire carpools were cleantwo bedroom apartmentlarge balconyshop on siteself catering holidaylovely apartmentevery other dayout of seasonpaphos townpool viewrelaxing holidaychlorakassupermarkettennis
Reviewed 26 August 2017

I booked this at short notice not reading the reviews. I was very worried after I had read them and even considered cancelling it. I need not of worried . Husband and 2 children and I had a fab week and would book again. Yes its not all smiles and hand shakes when you arrive but at the same time they were not rude . The young lad who booked us in even took our suitcases to our apartment , he was lovely and nothing was too much trouble. He showed us around our apartment , even going to get new batteries for the aircon remote. The apartment was ground floor, clean , well furnished and with a pool view. Everything worked apart from the toaster but that was nothing to complain about as we were half board. We had one of the smaller less crowded pools which was cleaned every day and was the nicest of all of them. The food was lovely and we were very glad of the half board booking as the location of st Nicholas is a bit too far from paphos to walk. The mini market is well stocked and fairly priced and run by a lovely friendly helpful couple. If you turn right out of the entrance and then left at the top of the road there is an English run English stocked supermarket. There is also a couple of tavernas which are excellent. We were warned not to use the hotel taxi as they are not licenced , but we did . He was cheap and on time . No complaints there. The bar at the hotel was a let down . both my children had non alcoholic cocktails the first night and both had an ant in. We didn't complain We actually laughed. After the fourth night of not having the drink we wanted we just had a coke each. But over night the price had trebled of the cokes. Needless to say we didn't have anymore drinks from the bar. I came to the conclusion if you moan and complain the staff will give you a bit of grief. Our room was cleaned every other day . We didn't have any towels provided but I knew we wouldn't and it doesn't state the hotel will provide . One of the managers even shook our hands when we left. Im shocked by how bad some of the reviews have been. I went to st Nicholas wanting to prove that its a better place than what others have said. Go with an open mind , we did and it was lovely.

Room Tip: Mesini apartment block was perfect . Top floors have fab view . Ground floor next to pool.
4  Thank mindy2178
Reviewed 26 August 2017

Originally booked through Love Holidays into Club St George Resort. Below is part of the email I sent to Love Holliday. Please take this review as a warning Don't Go There.

On arrival at Club St Georges Resort on the 16 August we were informed that no accommodation was available and they had booked us into their sister resort St Nicolas Elegant Residence, A resort that we had discounted because of the bad reviews we had seen online.
Sorry to say the reviews that we had seen were very accurate photographic evidence available on request. To clarify, the problems we encountered are listed below:
1 Paint falling off of the walls in both bedrooms left on the floor ( illustrates the quality of the cleaning)
2 No working lights in bedroom 2
3 toaster with a 2 pin plug for a three pin socket
4 Dangerous plug on hair drier( no cover on fuse)
5 cooker knob missing rendering the cooker useless.
6 Filthy cooker hood.
7 Microwave cooker instructions NO MICROWAVE IN THE APARTMENT.
8 Torn and stained very old sheets on beds
9 One working set of batteries to cover 6 remote controls 3 x aircon 1 TV 1 DVD 1 Freeview box.
10 TV with 1 station, older than my 16 year old grandson.
11 Very minor sea view
12 Wardrobe doors broken.
13 Extractor fan in bathroom so clogged with dirt it could not extract.
13 Toilet's not cleaned at all during our stay.
14 Kitchen sink had a continuous awful smell from plug hole could not be stopped as there wasn't a plug to put in the hole.
15 Unusable clothes dryer because it was full of rust.
16 Balcony never swept and full of bird droppings
17 My granddaughter cut her foot in the pool.
18 Bathroom absolutely filthy especially shower curtain and bath.
19 Communal corridors unswept with cigarette ends and rubbish strewn around.
20 No bath mats rendering the tiled floor dangerous when wet.
Overall this was the worst place that we have ever stayed and is not worthy of ANY star rating.
To summarise Love Holidays failed to provide what I booked and paid for.

Room Tip: Don't go in the first place
Reviewed 25 August 2017

No management at all at this place, just an old man telling people to stop complaining because there was nothing he could do about it. The rooms were only 'cleaned' once in 6 days. Towels and sheets were not changed at all. Food was terrible. They only had a set of 70 plates to serve 200 people. Same goes for forks. The pool filters were never turned on and the pool tiles were all peeling off leaving our feet with cuts and grazes. Worst place we have ever stayed

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Alpharooms
Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

Hi All

Great holiday
Fantastic Staff

Pools needed cleaning more often during the week.
Food in the hotel was better than the food from the harbour.
Great prices also.
Make sure to book your room the day you depart this makes life for the staff at the hotel a lot easier.
Overall great holiday nice people .

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank JTOLD
Reviewed 17 August 2017

This review is in regard to the poor level of customer service with high customer dissatisfaction. Please take this as a warning to spend your money somewhere else.

WHY? The staff is rude and angry. Especially toward females. When I arrived the hotel room was NOT clean and I developed a rash. After, checking the bed sheets I found blood from a prior guest. I was upset and asked for the clean sheets. The staff did not replace the sheets I had to wash the sheets in the bathtub and hang to dry. The washer did not work.

The property after checking your website which portrays a completely different picture, as compared to reality. You claim to provide a lot many facilities which are not even available on your best rooms – the super deluxe ones. The food was horrible and I am still recovering from the experience.

The swimming pools were not cleaned for the past 1 week, so filthy. Other games are only there on the advertisement of your website.

In short, you have totally shattered our vacation leaving us more tired than ever. I have written all these comments on the website. Your property and services are not even worthy to be checked-in for free.

I will definitely take up these issues and will make sure that your property does not even get a single star. I left in 3 days of 7 days stay.

The owner should be ashamed! Paphos is beautiful! The government really need to close this hotel for safety reasons. Book at your own risk!!!

Room Tip: Rooms are extremely bad.
2  Thank lazaniaclark