“Didn't even stay for the two nights we had booked”

and 1 more site!
St. Nicolas Elegant Residence
Ranked #59 of 87 Speciality Lodging in Paphos
Reviewed 30 August 2017

It's been a while since we have walked away and found different lodging after having paid to stay at a place, but that is just how upset my wife was. Not clean, things broken, front desk management seemed not to have a care in the world, stale smell,and the icing on the cake was the fridge leaked water into a pool on the kitchen floor. We told the front desk, went out for the day and when we returned it was exactly as we left it with our towels trying to mop up the flooded kitchen floor. My wife kicked herself for not paying enough attention to the reviews.

Room Tip: pick a different place to stay
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

Absolutely shocked from this place. Where do i start! Breakfast was really bad and all soft drinks and orange juice was served warm and a small selection to choose from and the toaster is rubbish and not enough plates or cutlery for all guests or even cups and glasses. The room was only ever cleaned every four days and the bedding changed every 4 days but why we were there I don't even think it was done once, for the first two nights the TV didn't work and when we did get it working the channels were rubbish and the air conditioning in two of the rooms played up and made a funny noise.
The swimming pool area is a mess broken umbrellas and the swimming pool itself was disgusting and dirty looks like it hasn't been cleaned but then if they let people swimming it up until 2 o'clock in the morning they can't really clean it, the indoor swimming pool is only half full of water and looks horrible the gym area has most of the equipment missing and weights missing the jacuzzi is broke and the changing rooms are disgusting the sauna room isn't even on. I see online there are something about a TV room or cinema room no such thing there a massage room didn't even see that and I play park not even there! I have stayed in some pretty horrible hotels and this tops it I would not recommend this place to anyone it needs ripping down and redoing the whole place is an absolute mess out of date. They say they offer free wifi but it never works, you can't tell who is staff and who isn't staff because they all walk around in their own clothes so you don't know who is who! We didn't eat t there in the evenings we went out every night but what I did see in the all-inclusive section I'm glad I didn't pay for that. My advice go somewhere else

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

Absolute abysmal place. The half board consists of 7 trays in the evening. Desert is only ever melon. No drinks. Not even water supplied. Breakfast is just as distasteful . The whole place is run down beyond belief.The rooms are an adequate size and a plus having a washing machine. But I must stress, that is the only positive. Needs knocking down and starting again. Miles away from anything and most definitely require a car. We've not spoken to anyone who has had a positive experience.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 August 2017

No services at all in this premises. No towels in room, no toilet paper and soaps. Pool very dirty. Air conditioning not working. Very poor breakfast. The Manager was very unprofessional arguing with the guests. When I was staying at that property before everything was excellent but not now. I will never go there again.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Bookcyprus
Reviewed 26 August 2017

I booked this at short notice not reading the reviews. I was very worried after I had read them and even considered cancelling it. I need not of worried . Husband and 2 children and I had a fab week and would book again. Yes its not all smiles and hand shakes when you arrive but at the same time they were not rude . The young lad who booked us in even took our suitcases to our apartment , he was lovely and nothing was too much trouble. He showed us around our apartment , even going to get new batteries for the aircon remote. The apartment was ground floor, clean , well furnished and with a pool view. Everything worked apart from the toaster but that was nothing to complain about as we were half board. We had one of the smaller less crowded pools which was cleaned every day and was the nicest of all of them. The food was lovely and we were very glad of the half board booking as the location of st Nicholas is a bit too far from paphos to walk. The mini market is well stocked and fairly priced and run by a lovely friendly helpful couple. If you turn right out of the entrance and then left at the top of the road there is an English run English stocked supermarket. There is also a couple of tavernas which are excellent. We were warned not to use the hotel taxi as they are not licenced , but we did . He was cheap and on time . No complaints there. The bar at the hotel was a let down . both my children had non alcoholic cocktails the first night and both had an ant in. We didn't complain We actually laughed. After the fourth night of not having the drink we wanted we just had a coke each. But over night the price had trebled of the cokes. Needless to say we didn't have anymore drinks from the bar. I came to the conclusion if you moan and complain the staff will give you a bit of grief. Our room was cleaned every other day . We didn't have any towels provided but I knew we wouldn't and it doesn't state the hotel will provide . One of the managers even shook our hands when we left. Im shocked by how bad some of the reviews have been. I went to st Nicholas wanting to prove that its a better place than what others have said. Go with an open mind , we did and it was lovely.

Room Tip: Mesini apartment block was perfect . Top floors have fab view . Ground floor next to pool.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family