St. Nicolas Elegant Residence
Queen's Bay Hotel(Kissonerga)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$97
US$364
US$335
Orbitz.com
Helios Bay Hotel(Paphos)(Great Value!)
US$79
US$75
Priceline
  • Pool
US$227
US$193
Priceline
All reviewscoral bayhire carpools were cleantwo bedroom apartmentlarge balconyshop on siteself catering holidaylovely apartmentevery other dayout of seasonpaphos townpool viewrelaxing holidaychlorakassupermarkettennis
Reviewed 14 September 2017

Well, I'm slightly disappointed to be writing this, as I had high expectation after my other two visits in 2012 and 2014. (Where I wrote positive reviews about this place) Unfortunately this time I feel it's become stagnated and rather than improve, sadly it's gone the other way, I'm not sure if it's under new management or what but whatever has changed since my 1st & 2nd visits in 2012 & 2014 it has sadly got worse.

We had an apartment looking over the main pool/restaurant. The rooms are large and well laid out with TV, Cooker, Oven and washing machine and we also had a large balcony, the apartment itself looked clean but on closer inspection there was a lot of dust, hair, etc that looked like it had been brushed in to the corners of rooms. The towel's and bedding also didn't look/smell very clean but were fine once we washed them ourselves...

The rest of the building also felt the same, the stairs and landing leading up to the rooms were in need of a good clean, some floors had old TV's and boxes on them for the whole time of our stay...
There are a lot of pool tiles that are loose, or come away this wasn't an issue for us but possibly it would be if you've got young kids. Too be fair I do still like these apartments and nothing we experienced did we feel a need to complain about but I don't think I'll be coming back, due to the fact I feel it's declined rather than progressed.

It has the potential to be an amazing resort, it just needs money and the right management brought in to sort it and I don't doubt it'll be back getting great results on here again. It's sad I have to write this because it was a great complex (and my previous reviews were glowing) but it's only fair I give an honest review and I feel it's gone backwards maybe got a bit complacent.

We ate at the Restaurant once for a quick lunch, it was pretty poor to be honest, I asked for a Hamburger, I'm not sure what I got but it didn't look or taste like any Hamburger I've ever had before, my Girlfriend got a Greek Salad and it was nothing special either, it didn't even have Olives in it...A Greek Salad, in Greece, with no Olives...?

There are still good points about it, we wanted a taxi to the Harbour so we asked at reception, the Manager said 10 euro's and he'll sort it, 5 minutes later one of the workers pulled up in his car and took us to the the Harbour, the average Taxi price to the Harbour is around 12-15 Euros so it was a good price. Also the onsite shop was very reasonable, I was expecting it to be expensive and not have a lot of choice, however it was cheap and well stocked... bread, beers, cold meats, etc

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

If you are searching for the most dirty place in Paphos, you can stay at st Nicolas! It has nothing to do with elegant! Breakfast is the worst ever!
I asked for an extra plate, the waiter told me to wait until he cleans a dirty one and bring it to me!
The owner keeps on shouting on his employees!
The pool is dirty!
No cleaning services! Nothing at all!
Don't come here ever!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

St. Nicolas Elegant Residence

Paphos

Disgusting and poor standards

We recently returned from a family holiday which was booked through holiday gems This company is only interested in the sale of the online holiday. On there website it clearly states (carol bay) on the address of this hotel. But on arrival this location is in a small village approximately 15k away from Carol Bay and 12k from Paphos harbour. Which has NO local transportation. So if you wish to travel it is by taxi or car hire. They do offer a taxi service which is a member of staff in his own car for €10 which I am sure would not be license or insured for passengers.
If you do wish to travel you can walk down A very steep Hill which take you on to the main road this takes approximately 20 mins going down and 25/30mins walking up. Which on the main road you can catch local transportation at a cost of €1.50 per trip each way to carol bay or Paphos harbour.
We were booked in on H/B and the standards of food and choice very poor. Virtually the same choice every evening and the same choices for breakfast every day. Each morning and evening there was not enough crockery and cutlery. This was mentioned to staff daily and the answer was the same each time. Management have been told be they don't do anything about it.
There was never no more than two dozen plates and only 16 coffee cups guest were having to use plastic glass for cereal Bowls.
On are first evening the bar had no stock or beer and the ran out of beer mid week. Could understand if this place was busy but there was only A dozen families on an evening.
They state the the room are clean on the second day our toilet bin was not emptied only after I complained on the third day and the toilet rubbish was left outside for two days.
As you will see from the photos the food hot plate has not been cleaned in weeks
I could go on with lots more but I would seriously recommend to stay far away from this location and booking holiday gems as they are not interested when you put a complaint in. There is major health and safety issues but you can make your own minds up with the pictures

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 September 2017

St Nicholas, although clean enough I wouldn't necessarily recommend it.
I didn't use the restaurant facility's so therefore have no objective comment to make other than from what I saw, it looked very good.
The Hotel itself is unfinished (june 2017) although there was no building work going on. As it is part residential, it is very quiet apart from recorded poolside music during the day. There is absolutely NO entertainment in the evening or night. No hotel TV. No nothing. There is however a bar, but just that.
It is approx 10k from the hotel to paphos harbour. 20 euros in a taxi. They do provide a bus at approx 20.00 but that brings you back at 23.30
Its adverised as being 5 mins from local bars and restuarants, but hese are not bars or restuarants that you would imagine having a night out in. There is one bar that serves food and another that is basically an empty shop that sell bottled beer. So no where o go and nothing todo in the daytime or evening unless you pay a 40 euro return taxi to Paphos. Its just to far out.
The rooms are basic but adequate with a world news channel on tv (thats it). Small shop a the entrance thats resonably stocked and sell strongbow cans (about the only good thing on the complex)
The indoor pool is a must (the cool pool) on a hot day, but other than that be the judge yourself.
My recommendation is Don't Go. Its miles from anywhere and there is literally nothing to do.
Sorry St Nick, but your too far out
Hope this helps

Room Tip: pool view is best.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

The guys at this hotel are a godsend nothing was too much trouble for them and they’d go above and beyond to help you out.

The Reception team are fantastic and extremely helpful
And the bar staff would make sure you feel comfortable and at home.

The room was clean, beds were comfortable the air conditioning worked a dream, everything you needed was in the room.

Except the iron, but go to reception and request and iron and you’ll be able to keep it in your room. Housekeepers went above and beyond, cleaning floors, beds, toilets, sinks, baths, wiped all sides and tables and even took our rubbish bags out.

Would recommend to anyone.

Will be visiting again next year.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends