“A Taste of France”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings, View
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 2 November 2017

A taste of France but not very French. This is a good restaurant and worth a visit but beware it will put a dent in your wallet. We had frogs legs for Madame and snails for me followed by confit de canard and magret de canard for me no desert for Madame and creme brulee for me almost all very good but the simplest dish let the show down the creme was a bit like scrambled egg.
The only french things were the food and the chef all the staff we encountered weren't and new little about he food but friendly enough and run off their feet. The final let down was the wine over €30 a bottle,I've bought better from Tesco's for under £5.

Reviewed 28 October 2017

Crikey the waiting staff work incredibly hard here, but fair to say it probably wasn’t for us. Saw another review which described it as Paris in Paphos, I think it’s a different Paris to the one I have been to. It’s stuck in a bit of a time warp. Trying hard, but mediocre food. They flambé at the table and the waiter pops a flat cap on to do so. It was quite an experience, but just not for us.

1  Thank Jenny M
Reviewed 26 October 2017

We dined here twice in one week. Maitre D - John a friendly Cypriot gentleman has eyes everywhere...so service is very good. The chef is French and this clearly shows in both quality and presentation of the delicious food. Comprehensive menu with lots of French dishes....not the cheapest in the area, but still excellent value for money if you want a classy experience.

Reviewed 25 October 2017

Despite the fact that the place was full and staff were continuously running, we received a warm welcome. The menu was formal and with quite satisfying choices. Some small starters were on the house, which made it even more hospitable. The starters that we ordered (camembert and avocado/orange salad) were not anything particular and slightly overrated. However we were compensated with our main dishes (pork fillets with blue cheese and steak with pepper and coriander), which were extremely delicious and rich in taste.

Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

We visited here on Thursday 19 October, our last night in Paphos and we were not disappointed. Service was impeccable and attention to detail great, even down to the garlic butter and olive tapenade covered in tiny silver domes made it special. Warm rolls, tiny hors d'oeuvres with prawns, gazpacho soup before our starters. We had the €18 set menu, I had grilled prawns served with rice as a starter and the lemon sole in a white wine sauce both exquisite. My son's had the spaghetti carbonara/prawns from the children's menu and it was huge for €4.50 unbelievable value, they also got a selection of ice cream. I had the profiteroles. My ugly half had duck pate with strawberry sauce and young suckling pig which he enjoyed. A flower was given to me at the end of the evening which was a nice touch. Will definitely visit again when we go back! Thank you Gabor, a very memorable evening!