1,036 results
All reviews animation team smart line mayfair gardens bar staff mayfair pool pool view mayfair hotel great holiday the thomas cook rep kings avenue mall water polo evening entertainment waitress service all inclusive drinks min walk kids club main bar
Reviewed 29 May 2016 via mobile

I visited the Smartline from the 20th-27th May, on arrival we were told to fill out our details on a form and then given our hotel room card. The man on reception then gave us a map of the hotel grounds and drew the route we should take to our room, this I found was a little disappointing as we had never visited before so had a little difficulty. We finally located our room and were very impressed by how modern and most importantly clean it was. The only downfall really were the twin beds that kept sliding apart when me and my partner slept so a double would have been better. The food at the hotel was nice and good value for what we had paid, they had a theme each night like Asian, BBQ and Italian to give a change to each meal. Some of the meals like breakfast/Lunch were repeated throughout the week but the chef's did have a hard task to discover new meals to please everyone so overall they did a great job. There were plenty of drinks to choose from however I did feel that the "Sex on the Beach" cocktail could of been improved by adding Pure Orange Juices. I could not really get my head around them serving other fresh juices but not orange. The Entertainment on a night was a bit up and down, even though the animation team do try there very best some of the shows were a little boring for us such as 2 shows where one or more of the animation sing all night... However the Lady Gaga tribute was fantastic! The bingo bango as well is very repetitive and toward the end of the week we got sick of being asked if we wanted to pay €5 for a bingo ticket which got muddled up a couple of nights of the week. The majority of the staff are very friendly and welcoming however some give off the feeling that they hate their jobs, particularly the lady behind the bar/ice cream cart with reddish hair was always grumpy and rude to children. I do want to give a shoutout to the lady that brings drinks to your table during the night entertainment, not got her name but she wears 3/4 clips in the right of her hair.. She was very polite and a credit to the hotel! Around the hotel really is very little such as bars, shops and restaurants if you want this I would recommend to anyone to go to the Harbour which is the real resort centre. Absolutely beautiful there, walking would take around 20minutes however we used a taxi service which cost €8 and spent most nights down there at the bars and clubs like Flair's bar.
Overall we enjoyed our stay at The Smartline and loved the cleanliness of the hotel, we just wish it was closer to bars and restaurants so that we could escape the boring entertainment if we wanted. It would be great for families but not so much for couples.
Upon all that I would stay here again and have already recommended my sister to come here!

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank chloek979
Christros P, General Manager at Smartline Paphos, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2016

Dear Guest,

thanks a lot for your review and the points you raised, which we will look into. We look forward to welcoming you again

Reviewed 27 May 2016

the hotel is very friendly has been updated smartly with the smartline barnding , the food is plentyfull and delicious, and the pools are clean and large, and you dont feel penned in when around them there is enough outdoor space , and the gym in the basement is very good. its located inland but well servd by the tons bus routes , and only a short walk across to the shopping centre in paphos and the staff are very good at helping you make the most of your stay how to get to places and special areas of paphos worht a visit to get the best from your time in this lovely art of cyprus

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Alexander D
Christros P, General Manager at Smartline Paphos, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2016

Dear Alexander,

we thank you very much for your review and your comments. We hope to welcome you again

Reviewed 25 May 2016

Nice hotel very friendly service was good food was decent could have done with a bit more variety room was spotless
Wifi not always very good could do with looking at and the attitude of some foreign guests towards the sun bed thing thing was extremely childish but not made better by the hotel putting signs up only in English take note management rules are fine but should be for all and not just one nationality!!

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank joanneeluton
Christros P, General Manager at Smartline Paphos, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2016

Dar Guest,

we thank you for your review. As far as Wi-Fi is concerned we have just finished all the improvements. Many more antennas were put and all areas are now covered. We also took a fiber optic line to make it much faster. As far as the towels are concerned, we did not put the notice in English to address only our British guests. All our announcements are in English as English is the international language (Our menu is in English, Animation Programme in English etc). We are sorry you misunderstood this.

Reviewed 24 May 2016 via mobile

We got a taxi straight from the airport at a cost of 25 euros. This saved us paying transfers and having to go to drop others off before getting to our hotel.
Hotel was lovely and clean.
Staff were all extremely friendly, rooms were cleaned to excellent standard.
Entertainment was pretty much the same as all other places I've been but as we were a couple we spent most of our time away from the hotel seeing sights of paphos which is simply beautiful.
As it was so cheap to go all inclusive we stayed in a few nights and enjoyed what was on offer.
Food really isn't great but again, we enjoyed going off complex to eat so this weren't a problem but if we had kids and planned on staying on site then we'd struggle to be impressed.
Entertainments team are awesome. Even though we never got involved we could see the work they put in and more importantly,how much they love their jobs.
Really couldn't have any complaints about the place. Loved it and will return again?
On another note, if you decide to book a taxi email this guy, Anthos Taxi anthostaxi@hotmail.com
This fella is a legend. We relied on him all week as and when we needed him and his local knowledge, help and advice was well appreciated. He is a diamond chap. We'll be using him again when we go back. Do pre book the day before you go tho as he gets booked up quite quickly

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Christos P, General Manager at Smartline Paphos, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2016

Dear Guests,

I thank you very much for your " review and I am sorry, I delayed the answer so long. I do not know why, but I missed this one. My apologies...
I am glad you enjoyed your stay and if you book our property again, please send us an e-mail and let us know. We will make sure that you have an even better stay with us as since May, many improvements were made (also new menus0 all coming from gusts feedback for which I am grateful.

Reviewed 23 May 2016 via mobile

Me and my partner and two year old son has just come back after a week holiday staying in this hotel and had the best time. We were really lucky to have chosen a hotel with the best animation team I have ever experienced that keep my very very active little boy busy throughout the day and night! Zoey and her team
Are amazing and made him feel so special and loved he literally was obsessed with them and since getting back crying for mini disco every night!! They keep the children so entertained and active. I really recommend this hotel to any family looking for a family hotel. And I can't thank Zoey, Alex, Abigail and Laura enough for everything they did! The only two down falls of the hotel was not enough fruit chose at meal times as only offered apples everyday and no baby changing area which was hard work to change in the bathroom on the floor. Our room was amazing and so big modern and spacious. I can't complain about anything else has all the staff where friendly the food was decent enough and the hotel was clean at all times. Plenty to day all day and all night. You wouldn't have to leave the hotel if you didn't need to. We had the best hotel and I have been recommending the hotel to anyone staying in paphos!! But last big thank you to once again Zoey and the animation team for making our holiday!

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Christros P, General Manager at Smartline Paphos, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2016

Dear Guests,

thank you very much for your review. We have listened to you and other guests during your stay and we have a bigger selection of fruits. We are happy you enjoyed your stay with and hope to welcome you again.