US$429
US$236
Almyra Hotel(Paphos)
US$257
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$329/night.

Cynthiana Beach Hotel(Kissonerga)(Great Value!)
US$125
US$162
US$117
Cancelon
1,455 results
All reviewsfire showcoral baythe guest relations managerbar staffentertainment guybit datedmini fridgebus stop rightwater aerobicssea viewgreat holidaybottle of champagnekids clubpool barbreakfast and dinnerevening entertainmentplenty of choice
Reviewed 22 September 2015

i was abit worried after reading some of the reviews we arrived late at night and were given sandwiches and the bar was still open. the staff couldn't do enough for you the meals were a bit hit and miss but still edible and im a fussy eater the room was large but take your own travel kettle or they charge 3 euros aday per person if you want to hire one. there is a bus stop just outside and to the left but most times taxis stopped and we goi a good price so it was what came first the harbour is worth a trip plenty of cafes and shop there is a shopping mall not far just couldn't fault it wewill be back

Room Tip: free wi fi in reception and pool
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank roni61eng
Reviewed 21 September 2015 via mobile

I visited the Avlida for 5 nights in September, with some trepidation given the reviews.
When we arrived late in the evening we immediately asked to be allocated another room as ours smelled terrible. The second was an improvement but overlooked a waste dumping ground.
Firstly the positives: the staff were very good and helpful, the food good and the swimming pool adequate. However the hotel needs refurbishment; it is tired and dated. It's not dirty but I would prefer to see less old carpet and more hard floors. Smoke travels into the room through the noisy air con. Location is ok.
Overall enjoyable but I would say not worthy of the 4 star status.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Fran4419
Reviewed 20 September 2015 via mobile

2 girls ages 27 friends holiday. We had a late arrival and waited for 20 mins whilst the receptionist dealt with the customers ahead of us. There was no acknowledgement on our arrival. We where tired and just wanted to get to our room. We where given a sandwich as they knew we missed dinner and given the key to our rooms and directed to the lift. In the morning upon taking a shower we realised the shower rail was snapped in half. We reported this and was told it get sorted. Later that day when going back to our room it still was not fixed we called down to find out was was going on and then where told wed have to wait as they had to order one in.... This is not good enough we asked for them to take one from another room but they could not as all rooms where taken. So we decided to wait for the shower rail to come in. The pool areas where okay buy looked a little shabby but we wasn't there during the day very often. The all inclusive drinks where okay. But I was extremely dissapointed when on the last day we had to get our bands cut off even though we where still going to be at the hotel till 7pm waiting for out transfer. I tried to compromise and told them on the first day we didn't get lunch or dinner due to a late arrival so surely this would balance it out and we only wanted lunch and some drinks as we'd be gone before dinner but where told it's the rules. We decided to let it go and just chill by the pool and go out for lunch. However what came next was the shock of the whole holiday I was refused tap water when I asked for tap water in midday heat I was told only all inclusive customers get free tap water as u are not all inclusive now u only have the option to purchase bottled water. I could not believe what I was hearing. I reported my upset to the reception and they went on to say if u where I'll then yes wed give u tap water but otherwise u can only get bottled water. Layer that say I went to leave my feedback on the ipad they have near reception and I saw another customer very upset talking to a gentlemen he came over to me and I realised then he was the manager I told him I wanted to complain also and I mentioned the stupid rule about tap water I told him u cannot refuse tap water we should be given the option he never once apologised and his defensive attitude was disgusting he went on to say I been to England and I never got free water.... This was just a complete fob off. He then got even more defensive and walked away from me and the other customer whilst we where still complaining and he told us to report him to the authorities then and went and hide in office. I don know how he gets away with these silly rules and rude attitude he should not be a manager. All these silly rules he has created even all inclusive customer have to sit in a different area of the hotel. It's ridic. The food was ok but too repetitive. The obly thing this hotel has going for it is the location. The bus stop is directly outside so u can easily get the hell out of there. The staff we mostly okay and they probably so miserable because they work for such a horrid man. I would never ever go back to this hotel and nevery recommend it to anyone. Even if u really want a break and last min save ur money and book somewhere nice

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
5  Thank Makayla J
Avlida, Manager at Avlida Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2016

Dear guest,
We have read your review and are very sad to see that we have failed to provide you with the top quality hospitality that we have achieved with so many of our guests. The situation you describe with the shower rail is most unusual, however it was fixed within 24 hours of reporting it.
Since your review, we have re-considered our policy and allow all inclusive guests that arrive late to keep their all inclusive bands on until the time when they have to leave, provided that this is not later than the time that they checked in. In other words, if you choose to re-book our hotel, should you arrive at our hotel on 22:00 of a wednesday, and need to check out at 12:00 of the next wednesday, your all inclusive wrist bands will be cut off on 22:00 of your departure day, or earlier if your couch arrives earlier.

The bar member you spoke to was most likely inexperienced and replied to you in that way. At the time of your conversation with the manager he had approached you to see what was the matter after having completed the conversation with the other guest. The other guest however interfered rudely in your conversation, interrupting and shouting, causing the manager to select to end the conversation. The other guest had shouted something about reporting him to the UK high comission, to which the manager replied that he should indeed do this, after a 30 minute conversation with him. The managers intention was for the other guest to leave in order to address your issues, however you left before this was made possible.

We do hope that you will give us the opportunity to show us what a great holiday you can have here with us and join the many satisfied customers that post here regularly and vastly outnumber the negative feedback we get.
Regards
Avlida Hotel team.

Reviewed 20 September 2015 via mobile

My girlfriend and I were looking for a place to spend our first holiday together. We decided we'd like to go to Paphos so after a lot of looking around we opted for this hotel as the description of it ticked all of our boxes.

After reading some reviews on trip advisor we were sceptical about our stay.

When we arrived we were greeted by the receptionist who checked us in late at night and gave us a sandwich as we missed dinner. This was a nice gesture. When we got to our room we were suprised to see the paintwork and decoration. It was very dated and there was an uncomfortable picture on the wall of a naked woman. The balcony was okay.. could just about see the sea in the distance through the trees (we were on the second floor).

We woke up the next morning and headed down to brekfast where the selection was pants. It was either cooked brekfast ot cereal. To be fair the food was cooked well but after staying at other 4 star hotels in the past this was not great.

The pool area was tired. There were tiles coming out and cracked concrete which was dangerous. The lazy river unlike the picture was actually just 3 skinny separate pools buttered up next to each other. It wasn't very clean but it did have some nice views.

The all inclusive drinks menu was fantastic and could not fault it! The barman Soteres always made me smile and was very friendly.

We lost out at dinner time as the food was not great once again with a small offering of varied choices. We ate glad we don't have children as it would have been very hard to keep them happy.

The entertainment team were great and Cosmin did an excellent job of keeping everyone entertained.

The lobby area has a lot of lights out and lampshades that are broken. The public toilets aren't great and half the toilet seats are broken.

The hotel shop is tiny and sells packets of crisps.. a few ornaments and flip flops.

Overall we were very disappointed with our stay at the Avlida hotel and we won't be staying here again. The location was good but we would not recommend staying here as I find it impossible to rate this 4 star!

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Aaron B
Avlida, Manager at Avlida Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2015

Dear guest,
thank you for your review, unforunately we feel that your comments are a bit unfair.
the picture of "the naked woman" is part of greek mythology, she is aphrodite which is the goddess of beauty and love and is portrayed many times semi-naked.
We have a wide selection for breakfast. Cooked meaning beans, eggs boiled and fried, omelletes, crepes, bacon, fried vegetables inclusing mushrooms, corn, tomatoes, potatoes, porridge, crepes or donuts with chocolate, honey or syrop filling. Other non-cooked breakfast items include several types of cereals, fruits, fruit salad, types of breads, several types of coffee and tea, ham, several types of cheese, cold vegetables, dried fruit like figs etc. Moreover, cakes and other sweets are also on offer.
We do not have cracked concrete, what you misunderstood as tiles coming out and cracked concrete is what is necessary to make the ground rough enough to be non-slip and to lead the water away from guests as quickly as possible.
Dinner items change daily, with a choice of 11 hot options plus at least 8 salads plus 3 types of sweet plus soups plus fruits, I cannot see how this was limited options.
The lobby lights are not all on at any point in time. There is no need for this. At different nights, a different set of lights is used to create a different atmosphere. with one light bolb just a foot apart from the next one, I am sure you agree it would be almost blinding to have them all on once.
The hotel shop, being a hotel shop and not a supermarket will sell items such as chips, some sweets, swimming accesories, t-shirts, suntan, sunglasses, some souveniers, toothpaste, soap, aftershave etc. Really things that are in first priority for a tourist.
Kind regards
Avlida Hotel

Reviewed 18 September 2015

I visited Paphos recently with my family, as my parents have explored a lot of Northern Cyprus and were interested to see a bit more of Southern Cyprus.
The hotel was fantastic! The rooms have everything you could possibly need and the location right near the Tombs is great. As a family we are very into our ruins and historical sites and so loved being able to walk there so quickly (especially in 35*C weather!). My sister loved diving and so arranged to go out one day while the rest of us spent the day by the pool. It was nice and quiet. It felt very serene with a light breeze and the beautiful clear, cool water. She came back after her dive absolutely buzzing so I guess that went very well too!
the food we had in the hotel was always up to scratch. Carefully cooked to detail by the attentive and quite humorous chef Argeris and his crew of ladies. One night we went to watch the Karaoke in the bar, which was a lot of fun, and had rather a few too many drinks. The staff must get so sick of listening to it but you couldn't tell, they were lovely and smiley. The 24 hour reception is also really friendly and very useful, as we found one night after we went for dinner and I lost my key.

Really really lovely stay. The staff couldn't do enough for us. Good location. If we come to Paphos again we will definitely stay here.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family