All reviews light inclusive package the bus sea view star hotel three star bus stop right outside the hotel tourist area harbour area bus service day pass great holiday meal times friendly hotel spent a week fussy eater paphos town pool side
Reviewed 5 November 2018 via mobile

This hotel confuses me . I have stayed in many hotels but find this one puzzling in that I really want it to be great .
The room was dated but clean and the balcony had a lovely view. As most 3 star hotels you get fresh towels every second day which is fine.
The bar area was clean and comfortable although dated and a bit dull .
Breakfast - there is a “juice” dispenser which produces orange,apple and grapefruit juice. This is the worst quality juice I have ever tasted. Even diluting with a ratio of 1 juice to 10 water still did not improve taste.
No pastries and bread was of cheapest quality . Someone in this Hotel shops around for the cheapest ingredients , so much so that I had cereal and toast and marmalade most mornings.
The evening meals were not too bad and enough variety to not get bored. The desserts were bland although looked good.
The staff serving in the evening were friendly and very nice ( young guy and girl)

The hotel has its own parking which is handy and the pool is nice when the sun shines on it.
No free WiFi in rooms which in this day and age is ridiculous . There is no excuses for this except a very backwards thinking owner who is out of touch with his customer base .

Summary I would definitely come back to this hotel if the WiFi was better, breakfasts were improved and an emphasis on quality rather than cheapest will do!

This could be a hidden gem or even a 4 star hotel with very little effort .

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Administration01, Public Relations Manager at Agapinor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review and for choosing to stay at our Hotel.

We were pleased to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay.

In answer to some of your comments made we would like to reply as follows:

A varied selection is offered at all meal times in the form of self service Buffets.

The Breakfast Buffet available from 07:00 - 10:00 a.m. includes the following: bacon, chipolata sausages, beans, fried eggs (on request) scrambled eggs, hard boiled eggs, Selection of Cold Meats, Cheese, olives, yogurt, fruit, 3 types of jam, marmalade, honey, selection of bread, choice of 3 cereals, 2 types of Breakfast Cake, Hot Beverages from a self service beverage machine, fresh filter coffee and there is a Juice machine serving orange, apple & grapefruit juice.

We only buy the best quality produce from our suppliers who are the largest suppliers throughout Cyprus.

The WiFi in our Hotel is free of charge in all Public Areas of the Hotel.

Yes you have to pay for WiFi if you wish to use it in your room, however this is advertised on all of our Tour Operator websites, so that our guests have the information before coming on holiday.

Once again thank you for sharing your experience and if we can be of any assistance in the future do not hesitate to contact us.

Reviewed 9 October 2018

Just returned from a 7 Night holiday at the Agapinor booked through Jet2.com. Agree the rating is for 3*. Rooms with sea views were clean with regular housekeeping. The inclusive half board meals were basic but are acceptable. All the staff were polite and helpfull.
My only complaint was the excessive door banging along the 3rd floor corridor. Was awakened several times during the night every night as other guest had not mastered the complicated task of closing a door. This was followed every Morning by very load door banging presumably from the other guest wanting revenge from the door banging night shift.
If the Management can sort this out, then i would recommend this hotel for the good value and quality for a 3*. Would avoid this hotel until they sort this out if you want a decent nights sleep.
Well positioned for the Market and a 5 minute bus ride from the harbour.

Room tip: Avoid hotel until door banging issue is sorted out.
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Ron B
Administration01, Public Relations Manager at Agapinor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at our Hotel and for your review.

We were all pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent holiday.

Regarding the door banging as you can appreciate this is not the Hotel's fault. We cannot be responsible for guests making a noise when they are opening and closing their room doors or the corridor doors.

We agree that this could be annoying, however it is out of our Control as our Reception is on the Ground Floor and our staff cannot hear noises coming from the 3rd floor.
Therefore unless the problem is reported at the time when it occurs, then obviously we cannot find out which guests are responsible for causing the disturbance.

If we can be of any assistance on the future do not hesitate to contact us.

Reviewed 4 October 2018 via mobile

The male receptionist who checked me in was English and very friendly and chatty so I had high hopes for this hotel.

The hotel, and Paphos in general, is full of Russians. Lots of bars and shops advertising for staff who must speak English and Russian.

My room, (308) had a double bed, was a good size and overlooked the pool. The small balcony gets the sun all afternoon. There is no fridge or tea/coffee making facilities but I always take a travel kettle with me. The bed is made daily, towels changed daily and bathroom floor mopped. Small toiletries are also supplied and replaced when necessary. The cleaning staff smile and acknowledge you in the morning.

I was B&B only and the breakfast was the same every day. Brown bread, stale white bread, small brown and white rolls. Same three cereals. Fruit was melon and oranges though we did once get plums. Cake. Cooked food: hard boiled eggs, beans, overcooked scrambled eggs swimming in water, undercooked fatty bacon, little hotdog type sausages, fried eggs on request which were the best thing on the menu and cooked beautifully. Same cold meats and cheeses daily. One choice of what looked like yogurt and the usual cucumber, tomatoes and preserves. Some grubby tables and crumbs on the chairs from whoever sat there before you. However the restaurant seems to be manned by just one young lass, who is very friendly and helpful, so it is obviously difficult to cope alone.

I went down to the Artemis Restaurant the second night and it reminded me of an old fashioned Butlins! Buffet style which was popular with the Russians. The friendly English receptionist, who booked me in, informed me after I started eating that there was an a la carte menu, which was cheaper than the buffet at 18 Euros. He only charged me 13 Euros for the little I ate, which was very kind of him.

I went down to the café/bar one evening around 7pm to watch TV on my tablet and to buy a glass of wine. There was no one there so I went back to reception and was told he'd be opening it "in a minute". Twenty five minutes later I finally got my wine. The bar clearly states it's open from 3pm so no idea why it was closed anyway. No bar snacks like crisps or peanuts are available.

The hotel is very far from the harbour area and beach, which I knew on booking, but the 610 and 618 buses take you right to the bus station. If you get a bus back, get the 610 as it stops right outside the front door. A daily bus ticket costs 5 Euros.

Reception area is not air conditioned: all they do is close the blinds against the sun and leave the door open, which does very little to cool the place down.

Safe in room cost €12.50 for the week, a charge I never agree with any hotel charging considering all they have to do is hand you the key to the safe which is already in your room anyway! Air conditioning was thankfully included in the cost of the room and worked adequately.

Because the hotel is in a residential area, dogs from the neighbourhood bark most of the night, but that's hardly the fault of the hotel.

The hotel is close to the Old Town which is nice and has a good indoor market. Just turn left when you leave the hotel, walk up the not too steep hill, and you're there. You'll walk past a Markies food outlet, which is really handy and just a one minute walk from the hotel.

A couple of the front of house staff are miserable and rude. I took ill on my second last day and just wanted something light to eat. The barman showed no sympathy whatsoever for my plight. They had nothing like soup on the menu so I settled for a plate of chips to take up to my room. My stupid mistake! They were greasy so I only actually had about half a dozen, the rest went in the bin. Still feeling ill the next day, I asked if I could keep my room longer as my transfer to the airport was at 8pm. The miserable, blonde female receptionist also showed no interest in my illness. I was unable to keep my own room but told her I had to have something as I was very weak and had to lie down. She tutted, as if it was all a great effort, got out of her seat and went upstairs to the admin floor. She gave me the key to room 116. I was offered no assistance to get my luggage to the new room nor was I offered any medical attention despite me telling the receptionist I'd been sick all night. When I got to the new room it was like a punishment! Everything in the room was shabby, some things were dirty and stained (wall, balcony chair and table, shower curtain, ceiling) and the whole room had the same air of misery as the receptionist. The balcony overlooked the main road and was very noisy even with the doors closed. The view was reminiscent of a shanty town: extremely depressing. Disgraceful to put a sick person into this. For this shocking room, I had to pay 30 Euros! I'm just thankful that it wasn't my original room for the week!! I left that room on one occasion around 11am to go to Markies to get more water. Apart from that, I was in that room from around 9:30am till I went down to the lobby at 19:30 to wait for my transfer. At no point during those 10 hours did any member of staff call or knock at the door to ask how I was.

The vast majority of the staff are friendly and work hard but at least two (blonde female receptionist and short barman) really need to take courses in customer care and courses on how to be a sympathetic human towards their fellow man! I booked this holiday with On the Beach at a cost of £667 (12-19 Sept 2018) including single supplement. I can't honestly say it was worth it. I've stayed at much better hotels for less. Having read the manager's criticism of reviews that he doesn't agree with, I'm fully expecting him to call me a liar too. However, my review is an honest experience of my week in Agapinor and I hope the manager takes on board my fair and honest critique re improving customer service. It doesn't hurt to smile, say hello and be helpful to people. That, after all, is part of the hotel experience that you are paying for and what gets guests returning. This site enables companies to improve and to learn from honest criticism. The hundreds of negative reviewers can't all be liars!

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
6  Thank DundeeDaytripper
Administration01, Public Relations Manager at Agapinor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2018

Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing to stay at our Hotel for your recent holiday to Paphos.

We were pleased to hear that you enjoyed your UPGRADE TO A POOL/ SEA VIEW ROOM, COMPLIMENTARY FROM OUR HOTEL (usual cost 5.00 Euro per day).

Sorry we just realised, that you neglected to mention that this upgrade was complimentary, as your booking at our Hotel was for a Town View Room.

We understand that you were on Bed & Breakfast terms and only dined once in our Restaurant, so you are not in a position to give a correct review on the evening dinner buffet.

In the evening at dinner we offer a varied selection on the buffet that includes; the Chef’s Soup of the day, a selection of salads & hors' dourves, hot main dishes with seasonal vegetables, potatoes of the day and a selection of desserts.

The hotel has a 2 week rotating menu and the hot main dishes served include Chicken Chasseur, Sautéed Fish, Moussaka, Grilled Pork Chops, Roast Lamb with mint sauce, Fish Chef’s Style, Pork Casserole, Chicken Dianne, Pork Britanier, Fish with Vegetarian Sauce, Chicken Chef’s Style, Roast Pork, served with seasonal vegetables, and potatoes that include Boiled Potatoes, Sautéed Potatoes, Roast Potatoes & Chef’s Potatoes.

We also have on Wednesdays at Dinner our Traditional Cyprus Buffet Night, on Fridays our Chefs BBQ Buffet Night and on Sundays our Agapinor Carvery Buffet night, with Roast Beef, Roast Chicken & Roast Gammon, served with seasonal vegetables and & Sautéed Roast Potatoes.

At the same time guests can have an omelette of their choice or they can choose from the Vegetarian Menu.

This selection for only 18.00 Euros is very well priced, however if our Bed & Breakfast guests wish to Upgrade to Half Board for the full duration of their stay, then we charge a very special price at present of only 9.00 Euro per person per day.

During your stay the signs in the Hotel clearly informed our guests that the Agapinor Cafe/ Bar was open daily from 18:00 - 24:30 and in the morning the Neptune Pool Bar downstairs was open from 11:00 – 18:00 hours.

It is correct that we do not provide nuts and crisps and we do not advertise this service.

Our Snack menu offers a wide selection, however you are correct it does not have soup on it. Therefore it may have been better if you had felt unwell to order something lighter like a sandwich or salad, as obviously chips are deep fried which does not sound the best selection to have made.

We were sorry to hear that you felt unwell prior to your departure, however if you had wanted to see a doctor then all you had to do was ask at our Reception, as our staff are all fluent in English (as well as at least 2 other languages) and they would have advised you on the correct Hospital or Medical Centre to attend dependent upon the Medical Insurance cover that you had and they would have been happy to call for a taxi to take you there.

Regarding late check-outs we do not advertise this service. Late Check-outs are always subject to room availability on the day of the guest’s departure and there is always a charge. In summer the cost for a late checkout is 30.00 Euros and this allows our guests to keep the room allocated on the day of their departure for their late check-out, until their pick-up time from the Hotel.

Obviously it is not always possible for guests to have a late check-out i.e. when the Hotel is full, OR to keep the same room for a late check-out when there is an arrival going into that room on the day of the previous guest’s departure, especially when the new guests arriving have paid for a Sea View Room.

The room that you were allocated for your late check-out was a normal Twin Town View Room and this room has been occupied all summer without any complaints.

We are a budget 3 star Hotel and we do not have nor do we advertise that we have a porter service to move guest’s luggage.

It seems that your issue has been that you had to pay for a late check-out.

Finally our Hotel prides itself on the high standards that we maintain throughout all departments.

We are a very well priced Budget 3 Star Hotel that offers exceptional value for money and we are complimented for this, as it allows some holidaymakers the only chance to have a holiday.

Reviewed 1 October 2018

The Staff are very hard working, friendly and helpful especially Sylvia in the morning and Paris at the evening meal. The location is great for the old town of Pathos but is a good 30 mins walk to the new town and harbour. The hotel itself is rather dated and in need of refurbishment. For the entire holiday we had the same breakfast set out every day. Boiled and scrambled eggs, hot dog type sausages, baked beans and fatty bacon. toaster put bread through once not toasted put in second time comes out burnt. They had tinned peaches and Greek yogurt and ham and cheese as well as the cheapest corn flakes and muesli and some fresh melon. The evening meal was better at least you had a choice of main meals and desserts. You wont starve as all the food is well cooked. At the evening meal there is, according to the book in the room, a dress code of no shorts only trousers allowed, unfortunately this code is never enforced. Like most places on the island to get on you need to speak Russian as every other tourist is Russian. I would go back to Cyprus as the people were v.friendly. You can get to most of the tourist attractions by local or intercity bus. on local buses 1 trip 1.5 euro or 5 euro for the day. On the intercity bus its 7 euro for their all day ticket.
The old town has plenty of designer shops as well as an indoor market. and a lovely English tea room Boo T licious opposite the Next shop at the top of the market.

Room tip: For a quiet room try numbers 212, 213 or 214. though even these can be noisy if you get the wrong guests below or to the side of you.
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank John G
Administration01, Public Relations Manager at Agapinor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your informative review and for choosing to stay at our Hotel.

We were pleased to hear that overall you had an enjoyable holiday.

Our Hotel offers a varied selection at all meal times, with Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner being in the form of a self service Buffet giving our guests the opportunity to try everything or choose the food that best suits their pallets.

The Breakfast Buffet from 07:00 – 10:00 includes: bacon, chipolata sausages, beans, fried eggs (on request) scrambled eggs, hard boiled eggs, Selection of Cold Meats, Cheese, olives, yogurt, fruit, 3 types of jam, marmalade, honey, selection of bread, choice of 3 cereals, 2 types of Breakfast Cake, Hot Beverages from a self service beverage machine, fresh filter coffee and there is a Juice machine serving orange, apple & grapefruit juice.

From the above wide selection our guests are able to vary what they eat at breakfast daily or if they so wish they can have a bit of everything, but it is certainly more than anyone would have to eat daily when at home.

Also we only buy the best cereals from a reputable company in Cyprus. Remember this is Cyprus not the UK.

If we can be of any assistance in the future do not hesitate to contact us.

Reviewed 27 September 2018 via mobile

Nice hotel our room was clean and comfortable. Staff were really nice and helpful in particular George on the bar Sylvia at breakfast and lady on reception only complaint would be the location in the old town meant nowhere was open in the evening and very little going on in the hotel meaning a bus to the harbor each night however the buses were brilliant

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Administration01, Public Relations Manager at Agapinor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at our Hotel and for taking the time to write your review.

We were pleased to hear that overall you had an enjoyable holiday.

For your information, only a short walk away from the Hotel near the Town Hall and Kennedy Square there are many bars, restaurants and tavernas that remain open until the early hours of the morning.

If we can be of any assistance in the future please do not hesitate to contact us.

Once again from all the management and staff, thank you for sharing your experience.