We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hallstatt
Gasthof Weisses Lamm
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Hallstatt
Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

The hotel manager was the rudest and the most impolite manager that I've seen during whole my life. We arrived Hallstatt late at evening and every where was closed. However we had booked a hotel in Hallstatt (Gasthof Pension Gruner Anger) but unexpectedly the management had other guests and cancelled our booking before the latest check-in time written in the booking.com (again rude and terrible management). The manager of our hotel took us to the Gasthof Weisses Lamm and explained our situation to the manager. Since we had not even seen the photos of the rooms we ask the manager if it is possible for us to see the rooms before check-in and paying. Unbelievably and with a terrible manner he yelled us saying "No. Bye then" and then he left the reservation desk. We just couldn't understand what happened because I believe that seeing the rooms that we will pay and stay was our basic right. In overall managements of these two Hallstatt hotels could be rated as the most and worst managers of the all Europe in 2017 for sure.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends

Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

I will sort this review out with the positives and negatives of this hotel.

Positives: A pretty good breakfast with different meals everyday, clean rooms, and good location.

Negatives: no food is allowed into the hotel rooms, no elevators, staff is more concentrated on the restaurant than the hotel, and the place closes pretty early.

Overall, I was quite disappointed with the stay mostly because of the rules which dont seem much fair.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 August 2017

This place has clean & spacious room and decent breakfast. These are the only positive things I can say about it during our stay. The service is below average and it's the worst experience during our 2 weeks road trip in Germany and Austria.

We will never go back to that place.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank KuanH
Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

The town of Hallstatt is a fantastic place even though it feels like at times the people of the town hate the tourists and are somewhat rude to them, even though that's one of the ways the townspeople make their living. It is the same for this hotel. At first I thought it may just be a cultural difference and language barrier, but I truly think that the attitude of the people wasn't great and didn't have to do with the above language or cultural differences.

The positive: they waited up late for us to arrive at 10 PM. But I would say that this is expected of a hotel. As people are on vacation and not everyone can arrive before or by 6PM. The rooms were also clean and well kept with a cute porch. They provided soap to wash with.

The negative:
The people at the hotel. My dad asked nicely if he could bring my mom some coffee up to the room and the lads sharply said no and began yelling at him in German. He was okay with it - a simple "no we don't allow that" would have been nice instead of the rude response he got. There is a sign that says no food or take away of food downstairs and you are not allowed to eat or drink outside food in your room. After this we just kept our heads low and felt like we weren't very welcomed at the place we were paying to stay. The cherry on top was when we went to get the shuttle for our luggage. They have a paper that says it comes every thirty minutes on the hour in front of their hotel beginning I believe at 8am. Our plan was to catch the 11am shuttle. We arrived with all seven large suitcases plus our back packs and carry on luggage (we are not light packers so the shuttle would have been nice) at 10:45am in case it came early. One shuttle came and the driver said that our shuttle would be there in 10 minutes. We waited until 11:10 (assuming the shuttle was late, we are always late so we excuse tardiness). At about 11:13 my husband went in to ask if the shuttle was coming as we had been waiting for half an hour. And they said they would call it. We waited another fifteen minutes. My husband went back in and asked again. They ignored him completely this time until finally someone answered him and said it was on the way - we waited another ten minutes. My husband went in again and everyone ignored him this time. We decided to wait a bit longer and finally we just walked to the car park which was a twenty minute walk on rough roads, up and down hills in the scorching heat. We honestly would have had no problem with walking as we are active people and in good shape and have no issues managing our luggage it was the fact that we waited an hour or so for a shuttle that never came. I believe they told the shuttle not to come - which I obviously can't say for certainty. But it felt that way and I wouldn't put it passed them with the way we were treated. All in all if you are able to stay at another place in hallstatt I would suggest it. Or if you stay here don't get on their bad side - we don't even know how we did....

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
5  Thank Raquel I
Reviewed 22 May 2017 via mobile

Stay at this hotel few days, it is very tidy and the breakfast buffet is good. Location is very convenient and the price is absolutely good. Room is very big and very new. Good view from balcony. We like this room very much.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bracler T
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hallstatt
0.2 km away
11.4 km away
SPA Hotel Erzherzog Johann
SPA Hotel Erzherzog Johann
#2 of 4 in Bad Aussee

Been to Gasthof Weisses Lamm? Share your experiences!