Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews ferry port hotel restaurant great view of the lake located right town balcony shuttle austria church
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 August 2020

We made a last minute trip to Hallstatt and all of the best rooms of this hotel were already booked, but the one we got was comfortable. The receptionists were pleasant and helpful, though the general problem of parking for Hallstatt is a headache, and the hotels don't do much to make it easier. Location of the hotel is of course good, but the staff of the restaurant were unfriendly, inefficient, or both - except for one young woman who always had a smile on her face, and brought the various items that the other waiters habitually forgot to bring us. Breakfast was sufficient, if not amazing. We'd go back, but eat somewhere else.

Date of stay: July 2020
5  Thank SteveSavatte
Reviewed 3 August 2020 via mobile

The church bells rudely awakened us at 6am in the morning. The hotel is right next to the church. Lovely old town on the lake of Hallstatt. Is is outdated but well conserved, we didn’t bother. Leave the car outside the village and take a shuttle to the hotel. Works very well, no stress. Restaurant is good (the Wiener schnitzel was amazing, rest good) an breakfast is ok but nothing special. All in all glad we chose to stay here. Would recommend !

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 17 March 2020 via mobile

The hotel is right by the ferry terminal in Hallstatt, which is extremely convenient as the quickest way to get to Hallstatt from the Hallstatt train station is to take a 6-min ferry ride across which costs €3 one way. The ferries are timed according to the train timetable so you don’t have to worry about missing the ferry to Hallstatt or your train out of Hallstatt.

I was initially hesitant after reading some reviews about the hotel’s strict “check in from 3pm” policy and unfriendly staff but I didn’t experience any of that. I got to the hotel just after 1.30pm and lovely Julia at the reception checked me in and took my suitcase to my room. She provided wonderful service above and beyond!

My room (1206) was on the 4th floor of the main building and overlooked the lake, though it didn’t have a balcony but that’s because of my room type. 2 bottles of mineral water (1 sparkling and 1 still) as well as a basket of fruits and small chocolates awaited me which was a lovely touch! Housekeeping provided new bottles of mineral water everyday (unlike other hotels which provide one-off mineral water bottles on check in). The toiletries were from the L’Occitane brand.

I didn’t realise this when I made my booking but it came with breakfast and 3-course dinner each day at the hotel restaurant which I highly recommend! The food there is simply delicious! The restaurant staff are extremely attentive and have an unbelievable memory - my room number and where I prefer to sit! Kudos especially to Larissa and Gyorgy!

I should add that this hotel is extremely safe for a solo female traveller.

Overall, I highly recommend this hotel and its restaurant for the location, friendly staff (at both the hotel reception and restaurant) and great views!

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank RST84
Reviewed 26 February 2020

We stayed at the Heritage for the second time and would 100% recommend it! The hotel is in the perfect location and it has everything you need when in Hallstatt!
The team are super helpful - we asked to stay in the same room as last year and although this request couldn't be guaranteed at the time of booking, it was fulfilled when we arrived :)

Date of stay: February 2020
2  Thank Nina S
Reviewed 16 February 2020 via mobile

Got a superior room for two nights! Love the view so much. The staff at the front desk is very good and friendly . The location is also fantastic.
Unfortunately the restaurant is a bit disappointing. It lacks the vibe and the service ( one of the male servers was extremely rude )
Stay in the hotel and skip the restaurant!

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sonam L