Lowest prices for your stay
Priceline
Agoda.com
US$112
View deal
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 October 2019

We stayed here for one night and were very happy with our choice. the room was comfortable and clean. Breakfast was ample and fresh. Our balcony overlooking lake Hallstat was beautiful and eventhough others have complained about creaky floors, this didn't bother us as we didn't hear them. We also ate at the restaurant and the table right on the water was the most beautiful setting imaginable. The location can't be beat, right in the centre of town. Highly recommend.

Date of stay: September 2019
Reviewed 7 September 2019

Booked the room with lakeview and it is amazing! Location of the accomodation is easy to find. Room is clean and comfortable, though there is no lift in the building. As it is an old building, it might be quite squeeky when walking but I guess it is the case in most old buildings around the region. Will book this accomodation again if I have the chance to be back in Hallstatt.

Date of stay: August 2019
1  Thank travelholicj70
Reviewed 14 July 2019 via mobile

So I book this hotel for 2 nights, I get to Hallstatt to be told I must walk 750m from the car parking OK not ideal.
I walk in the door there is no reception just a lot of people sat in chairs waiting to check in not ideal.
People were walkin in and out the street for the restaurant downstairs certainly not quiet when so busy.
A lady turns up I get a key go to room on first floor room 8 first thing I notice is no bathroom she says your toilet and shower are at the end of the corridor OK not a problem.
So the room was long window and and bed at the far end with a sink by the door end with a lot of mismatch old furniture, well I say bed it was a piece of foam on one of those headboardless futon type things.
So the street outside the window was 12'wide so I could see into a house so I closed the curtains but it's very dark the only roof light is at the far end not ideal.
I nip for a shower well it's one room split by a partition wall from the toilet they both use the same window which is open to let out the smells while I am in the shower I can hear people using the toilet and smells not ideal.
But a good hot shower I feel for the two rooms next to the toilet and shower room they must be noisy.
I pop down stairs to the restaurant and ask if I can take a menu upstairs no sorry OK. So i pop out for a great meal, I come back go upstairs and go to bed for 10.30pm it doesn't take long to realise the beds on a slopey floor with the street niose and corridor noise I'm not sleeping by 1am then in the early hours people moving about the floor boards keeps me awake, about 6.30am the Chinese tourists are up and not quiet I think they don't know suttle talking back and forth to there rooms.
So its raining and being on a motorbike I really didn't want to move hotel but this tourist spot is not for a good night's sleep, so I decide to go down 9am ish not have breakfast to sign out and ask for a refund for the 2nd night I would not be there, the lady waved her hand you've paid for 2 nights by credit card it's done goodbye' her custimer service skills was awful she didn't want to talk about it never evenue asking why I wanted to leave after only one night.

To be honest with you I should be asking for both nights refund back but I am fair asking for just my 2nd night back but she has replied to my email with it has been booked for 2 nights there is no refund, shocking service.
So I have moved hotel and it is 7pm on the 2nd evening I have a parking space 30m from hotel reception great quiet room big walk in shower just had a sauna all for the same price!!!!!

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 June 2019 via mobile

Incredible view, simple furnishings, affordable price, unusual floor plan. Our room was in an attic of a building several blocks from Gasthof Simony. The room appeared to have been recently remodeled. Comfortable bed. Modern bath and shower. Windows could be opened on both sides of unit for circulation. No air conditioning and no fan. Small balcony overlooked lake. The ceiling followed the roofline and was low at the sides so one could not stand up on one side of the bed or over the toilet. Clothes could be hung from a rod hung from ceiling in middle of room. Room contained one chair and former woodworking table. There was a couch with no view, behind a stone chimney which was in the middle of the room. There was no fireplace, chimney was from downstairs residence. To access the unit one passed through a locked outside door into a foyer of an unrelated downstairs residence. Another locked interior door in foyer accessed the attic rental unit. Steep ladder stairs led you from the second interior door to the unit. The unit would be difficult to access with large, heavy luggage or one with limited mobility as the stairs were narrow and nearly vertical.

The rental included a continental breakfast back at the hotel. Breakfast was served in a small and dark downstairs room. There was a small amount of food placed on a small table in the middle of the room and crowded with guests serving themselves. The crowded diners and meager presentation led us to go elsewhere and pay for breakfast.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 May 2019

The location was great, center of small town.
I requested room with lake view, and I got it. Very beautiful view.
Bedroom was good. Bed was comfy. Bathroom was okay too.
I love the breakfast, simple but good.

Date of stay: December 2018