1,923 results
All reviews old town the river linzer gasse superior room minute walk mini bar pedestrian street restaurants and shops reception staff quiet area top floor clean hotel breakfast buffet three nights central location an easy walk train station
Reviewed 6 January 2018

The only plus with the hotel is its location.
This is a budget hotel. Although the room was clean and the beds were comfortable, the room was very tiny (even for European standard) and was super out-dated. Moreover, the internet in the hotel was super slow. I had read about this from many reviews on trip advisor, so I was prepared. But sadly, it was worse than I expected. It was definitely not worth the money I paid (We travelled right after christmas, hence had to pay the peak season rates).

2  Thank priya a
Michaela K, General Manager at NH Salzburg City, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2018

First of all, thank you very much for your time you took to complete the review, relating to your stay at the NH Salzburg City.

I will forward your feedback to my entire staff. Thank you once again for sharing your experience with us and we are looking forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for four nights over Christmas. We initially booked in and then upon entering our room we discovered neither our internet or tv was working in our hotel room. Maintenance came to try fix the problem but they weren't friendly and in the end we had to pack up and move rooms the following day to solve the issues. Breakfast in the hotel was nice, but very pricey at 17 euros each. The receptionist's are very helpful however and always gave good recommendations for restaurants and sights to see. The hotel seems a bit outdated however, if your a younger couple I would look elsewhere for a hotel with a younger vibe.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Johann!

Reviewed 3 January 2018

Very clean and tidy hotel. Rooms a good size and service excellent. Sauna / mini-spa facilities very nice. Quality breakfast with continental and English options. Central location within walking distance of all the pretty sights.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

with best regards from Salzburg and have a great autumn

Reviewed 1 January 2018

Good location, the staff were nice and the breakfast buffet had enough options to ensure you were full for the day.

Sadly the room (specifically the bathroom) wasn't as clean as it should've been and the restaurant meal I had for dinner was horrendous (pasta shouldn't be tough, dry and stuck together still when served) but the waitress didn't give me the chance to provide that feedback - also was very unfortunate that they didn't have the supplies for salad.

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Yes you are right, our rooms are a little bit old but we try to keep them in good conditions. Sorry for the bad restaurant experience, this is not our standard.

Reviewed 31 December 2017

We stayed here over Christmas and were not overly impressed with many aspects of this hotel. Our reception at check-in was lukewarm and rushed which made us feel like an inconvenience. The room was nice, beds comfortable and the linen was fine. Despite the freezing temperatures outside, we had to keep opening the window as we were unable to turn down the heating even after asking the staff about it. The internet was the worst were had in 4 countries and a month of travelling. It was extremely slow and kept dropping out. I enquired about the premium internet which they offered for an additional cost and was told that it wasn't much better than the basic connection so was not worth the extra money. We had dinner in the restaurant but it was very over-priced for what you got and the quality was not great either. Overall, an ok stay but probably wouldn't stay there again.