US$389
US$628
US$458
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Positive:
I had booked Double room for single use by mistake but the house owner made necessary arrangements. She was very friendly. Location was nice as it was near the Airport and not far from super market or freeway

Negative:
The rooms were very small and not so much comfortable for a couple on honeymoon (at-least the one where we stayed) Breakfast was very basic i.e. bread, milk etc. No fruits or other options for vegetarians.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms with Balcony, they are bigger comparatively.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jinesh V
Reviewed 6 September 2012

I dont understand the bad reviews! We, my husband, my two kids and my humble self had a really nice stay.
It is an attractive, characterful and comfortable bed and breakfast with good connections to central Salzburg and in a pleasant neighbourhood, with lovely places to eat and the city's main shopping street and Outlet mall nearby. Our hostess gave us, sharing a large sunny room at the front of the house a friendly welcome, generous breakfasts (sometimes you have to ask (: ) and invaluable suggestions as to what to see and do in this beautiful city.

Of course there are better hotels ( for much more money), but I you want to stay in an traditional, inexpensive and good located Bed an Breakfast: Give it a try!

Room Tip: Try to get one with a balcony! You'll have a nice view to mountains.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank TonyandSara
Reviewed 27 August 2012

For us, it was a very nice stay in this house, the rooms and the bathroom was very clean, the breakfest was good and enough. The lady is very friendly and helpful. So we like to say thank you so much, maybe we can see us again

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Dan G
Reviewed 15 July 2012

Firstly we couldn’t gain entry to the house, we had to ring a bell at the gate. The owner was away and her son took us to our rooms. First impression was that it was adequate, tidy and clean. We made a booking for breakfast for 8 am.
The beds were rock hard and we both awoke with aching limbs and back. At 8 am we went for breakfast and were told, “Go back I have no room”. We were fetched at 8:20.
Mrs Kernstock has no concept of food hygene. After climbing the stairs, using the handrail, she returned to her breakfast room without washing her hands, then commenced arranging bread in a basket by hand before offering it to us. She also arranged the ham and cheese by hand onto a plate containing a pat of warm butter. She handled the bread again after using the toaster.
After finishing, all plates were collected, any cheese and ham was returned to her initial stock; all butter remaining, was scraped up and returned to the butter packet; the milk jugs were emptied into a milk bottle and all was returned to the fridge. We had to assume for the next day. The plates were wiped over with the serviettes and restacked in her cupboard.
That day, when we returned from Salzburg Centre, the two beds had been tidied, however, a few of our personal items had been moved around, but on checking nothing was missing.
We obviously didn’t have breakfast, the next day, and looked around the property for Mrs Kernstock, so we could return the key. She was nowhere to be found, so we left the key and departed.

Room Tip: Don't go there if you value your health and safety
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AussiePomKeith
Reviewed 10 November 2011

I booked 3 nights at this hostel. I got there and the lady was nowhere to be found, I couldn't go to her front door as the patio was being redone. Finally she showed up and gave me my room key she was extremely rude and just walked up the stairs and showed me the room then slammed the door behind her, I got in the room and it just had this horrible odor to it. I managed to sleep ok the first night and her "bed and breakfast" amounted to no more than a piece of toast so I went out for the day she refused to give me any directions to the bus stops or anything I had to do that all online. When I got back to my room the entire room had been ransacked, my clothes which were all packed in my backpack were thrown all over the room my medication bottles were ALL open and knocked over it was a complete mess. I went to tell her and she said no one was in my room but her, She said she was in there to open the windows because my bag smelled.. Nothing in my bag smelled all were clean clothe and what not.. After I told her this is NOT how my room was left she demanded I leave the next morning. So I wake up and go to try to find an ATM, finally found out and took out 80 Euros. with the deposit on the room it should have been 60 euro's. I tried to explain I put a 16 dollar deposit on the room but she demanded 80 and threatened to charge me for the third night, I said no, you told me to leave, she threatened to call the police and I said go right ahead and in the end I called her bluff and she said fine. I gave her 80 though it should have been 60, it was 76 and should have gotten 4 euro's in return and she said that she does not give change. This lady is an absolute jerk, she acts like she has something better to do than to answer your questions, If you ask her a question she just snaps and yells at you, the room was tiny and quite cramped the beds were a tiny piece of foam over the wood of the bed, it was essentially like sleeping on the floor. Overall this place was absolutely horrible and I would advise ANYONE thinking of staying here to find another hostel or spend the extra 20 euro's and stay at a nice hotel near the sights I booked my reservations through Hostelworld.com and I told them my horror story and they said they may take her off their hostel list. I linked them to this site to see some of the other horror stories people have endured at that dump of a hostel.

Room Tip: Don't stay here stay somewhere closer to town and make sure to google the hostel beforehand to see if there are any negative reviews, I failed to do that before booking this hostel
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo