“Fabulous breakfast and wonderful cake in the heart of Vienna!”

Kurkonditorei Oberlaa
Ranked #5 of 155 Coffee & Tea in Vienna
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Inner City
Reviewed 20 July 2017

My sister, niece and I opted to have breakfast at Oberlaa instead of our hotel. The cafe was recommended to us by a friend who lives in Vienna. In addition to fabulous cakes and pastries, they have a lovely breakfast menu. My sister ordered the Businessman's Breakfast for € 8,50, which included a hot beverage, juice and a large ham & cheese "bröchten" (sandwich on a crusty roll with tomato and cucumber). My niece & I had pastries, which range from € 1,50 - € 4,50 depending on size and kind. My niece's favorite (mine too) was the chocolate mouse torte. Our bill was always less than the € 33 our hotel would have charged us for breakfast.

Reviewed 28 June 2017

The sachet torte and pastry were nothing much. Seems to cater to the tourists. Better trying another cafe down the street

Reviewed 16 June 2017 via mobile

Traditional Viennese patisserie with friendly service. My favorites are their lemon and chocolate mousse cake. Also they have very nice macaroons. Love this place and i stop by quite often, when i crave classical Viennese desserts.

Reviewed 7 June 2017 via mobile

Visited this place which is highly ranked in all similar sites. What to say, simply is average. Nothing special. Desserts and food will not disappoint if you don't have exceptional expectations. Just keep in mind it's just a point to relax for an half hour on your long walk in Vienna. Only one thing is not obvious for me is why business owners don't want to invest in their people... coffee is terrible, cappuccino is not cappuccino it's just a liquid with milk foam on the top...
But again if you wait this you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 13 May 2017 via mobile

Great place for a strudel and a cup of coffee or tea. Friendly authentic atmosphere, enormous choice of all-you -could-imagine sweets, pastries and cakes. Recommended!