“Fun to explore! ”

and up
Private Vienna Christmas Tour from Prague
Ranked #41 of 836 things to do in Vienna
More attraction details
Owner description: Yet another of Vienna's traditional Christmas Markets, the annual Spittelberg gathering exudes a bohemian atmosphere.
Reviewed 23 December 2017 via mobile

Visited today with my husband and toddler. It stretches several streets / alleys and has some great and very friendly vendors! Enjoyed walking through. It is cold and windy so it was nice to be somewhat sheltered here. Definitely worth a look!

Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

Visited this evening with friends and very much enjoyed the lovely bohemian atmosphere, the small streets, brightly lit stalls and general atmosphere. The chocolate shop is divine and the cheese stands inviting. I don’t think I have ever paid so much for cheese however and never before have I been called a ‘s**t Head’ by a stall holder when I failed to find a hat that suited me!

In general we found the people visiting this lovely area brusque to the point of ignorance and rudeness, sadly not an uncommon experience in many of the places we visited.

I felt very unwelcome in Vienna in general and as such, will choose to spend my euros elsewhere.

Reviewed 5 December 2017 via mobile

We just loved the Christmas market on Spittelberg. There is a few small streets with lot of local food and delicious mulled wine and puntsch. Our favourite was the hot dog with Käsekreiner (sausage filled with cheese) and the apple cinnamon puntsch.
You can also buy sou enirs from the local craftsmen.

Reviewed 20 November 2017

Not a huge fan of this one. True, it is more intimate and local, but it’s also more difficult to follow because it’s not all together. It lacks the festiveness of the bigger, more centralized markets. To me this one seemed more like a series of street kiosks than a Christmas market.