“A good Xmas market”

and up
Private Vienna Christmas Tour from Prague
Ranked #35 of 775 things to do in Vienna
More attraction details
Owner description: Yet another of Vienna's traditional Christmas Markets, the annual Spittelberg gathering exudes a bohemian atmosphere.
Reviewed 1 January 2018

We stayed at Hotel Altstadt, which is just around the corner from this market, just a 5 min walk.
Its set in about 3 streets and is really festive. a lot of drinks and gift stalls line the streets with boutique, restaurants and bars right behind the stalls.
As with all of the Xmas markets, they come in to their own when it gets dark, when they are all lit up and looking festive.
Well worth a visit, it is a 5 min walk from Volkstheatre station on the U2 & U3 Vienna U Bahn

2  Thank GARY1964C

Reviewed 23 December 2017 via mobile

Visited today with my husband and toddler. It stretches several streets / alleys and has some great and very friendly vendors! Enjoyed walking through. It is cold and windy so it was nice to be somewhat sheltered here. Definitely worth a look!

Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

Visited this evening with friends and very much enjoyed the lovely bohemian atmosphere, the small streets, brightly lit stalls and general atmosphere. The chocolate shop is divine and the cheese stands inviting. I don’t think I have ever paid so much for cheese however and never before have I been called a ‘s**t Head’ by a stall holder when I failed to find a hat that suited me!

In general we found the people visiting this lovely area brusque to the point of ignorance and rudeness, sadly not an uncommon experience in many of the places we visited.

I felt very unwelcome in Vienna in general and as such, will choose to spend my euros elsewhere.

1  Thank Julia M
Reviewed 5 December 2017 via mobile

We just loved the Christmas market on Spittelberg. There is a few small streets with lot of local food and delicious mulled wine and puntsch. Our favourite was the hot dog with Käsekreiner (sausage filled with cheese) and the apple cinnamon puntsch.
You can also buy sou enirs from the local craftsmen.