“timeless classic”

Austria Trend Parkhotel Schoenbrunn Vienna
Ranked #85 of 359 Hotels in Vienna
Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

I stayed for 2 nights at this hotel. It is not at the city center but it is near Schoenbrunn Palace. It is conveniently located in a quaint part of Vienna.
The hotel exudes an old world classic charm with its numerous paintings and white walls.
Breakfast was just ok. I preferred if the restaurant also served hot soup for breakfast (especially in a 1 to 2C morning).
The room was spacious, with a great view of the town center and cathedral.
Overall, it’s a great hotel with great service.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Dessy B
Write a ReviewReviews (1,171)

Reviewed 3 December 2017

This hotel has a great location, near Schoenbrunn Park and great Zoo. Nice, but not so warm and friendly service. Good and clean averageIn hotel uyou rooms.But in room you cant regulat conitioner. In hotel can you see lot of stranger peopel, cos ther are many conference rooms. Breakfast is good, but very poor coffee

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 November 2017 via mobile

The rooms was booked by our travel agent in Jakarta. To have a smooth check-in upon arrival due to the room We booked, I contacted the hotel to prepare the check in forms in advance so that the guests will not need to wait too long to go to their room and attaching the guests’ passport and reservation voucher. Ms Leoni Hohenhasser informed me that everything will be prepared in advance as requested. With this in mind, I trust that the check-in will go smoothly.

Upon arrival, I was helped by Ms Katherina Heinz whom unfortunately did not even care to greet me as how front desk normally do to welcome their guests.

I informed Ms Heinz that I have a group reservation and would like to check in. Ms Heinz was not able to find the reservation under one of the guest’ name. I ask her to control again by using the first or the last name as it is always the problem in finding reservation under Indonesian guests’s name as we do not really have family name. But she was still not able to find the reservation, so I provided her another guest’ passport which helped her to find the reservation and she snapped at me by saying that the reservation was not a under group reservation. For me, when we booked more than 3 rooms it’s counted as a group.

I told Ms Heinz that the hotel has informed me that everything will be prepared in advance to help us to have smooth check-in. Rudely Ms Heinz told me that she never received any email and was even questioning me about the email as if I was lying about the email conversation. I provided her the email conversation I have and without even apologizing, she just exploded by saying that it’s the reservation department email address. That was the general email I found on their websute. I, as a guest, will not even aware about how the communication work within their Hotel’ department. I believe that it is not my concern if the reservation department did not inform the front desk. I told her to calm down and to talk normally and she told me that I was rude from the very beginning. Seriously? This is coming from someone who did not even greet the guest???? And instead of calming herself down she was even rising her voice even more. I asked Ms Heinz colleague to help me further as I do not want to be assisted by Ms Heinz any longer and asked her to speak the Manager. By putting her hand on her chest, Ms Heinz told me that she is the Manager. WOW!!

Having the VIP guests staying at the hotel and treated like this was really not a good start of the trip and a good end to our long trip from Prague.

The only friendly person in the hotel was the portier, Mr Bektas. I mean genuinely friendly and super helpful.

I sent email to the General Manager, Mr Andre Tauchnitz and still waiting for his reply.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Astrid a
Reviewed 20 November 2017 via mobile

Enjoyed my stay in this excellent hotel. Excellent Breakfast, lunch and dinner Buffet. The only problem is you have to walk a long distance to reach your room. The hotel is located in an excellent location, very close to train station, shopping area and restaurants.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 November 2017

Although it is not in the center of Vienna, this hotel has a great location, right across from Schonbrunn Park! Subway to the center a few steps from the hotel, and less than 10 minutes away, as well as buses and trams. It is in a very familiar and cozy neighborhood, with everything you need around, nice restaurants, grocery. Comfortable, spacious and clean room. Very classic hotel with a historic relevance, since it used to be the guest house for the palace. A great way to get to know more of Vienna, than if staying in the center. They have a wi-fi rental, to have internet access all over the city, great service.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family