“Even better than ever”

Price range: US$17 - US$46
Cuisines: Austrian, Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Inner City
Description: Enjoy traditional Viennese specialities in this elegant and stylish restaurant. You can either sit in the black and white floor-tiled glass conservatory facing the Opera House or in the grand, dark red damask dining room with large oil paintings and crystal chandeliers. The windows of the conservatory are folded away in summer to make a large open terrace. Live piano music in the evenings adds to the ambience.
Reviewed 2 July 2018 via mobile

The environment reminds one of the Austrian Hungarian empire in a modern setting. Everything is there for the guests’ comfort. The choice of wine excellent ; service impeccable and food outstanding. I had a beautifully flavoured gazpacho and followed it with a exquisite Wiener schnitzel- tender veal, wonderful batter, potatoes with parsley and a mouth watering salad. My wife had fish grilled to perfection and with delicate garnish. We were tempted by the moist Sacher torte with cream as we are now a rare visitor to Vienna. Will be back in October and this restaurant will be on the agenda again!

2  Thank John G
SacherHotels, Geschäftsführer at Restaurant Rote Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2018

Dear reviewer "John G",

first of all I would like to thank you very much for visiting our Rote Bar restaurant. It was a real pleasure having you and your wife with us.
I am very happy to hear that we were able to delight you with our food and wine selection on this evening and that you both enjoyed your dinner to the fullest. I will forward with pleasure your positive remarks to our team who will be for sure very much encouraged by your wonderful review.

Thank you for taking your time to share your experience with us and we are already very much looking forward to your next visit.

Kindest regards

Reviewed 1 July 2018

This is a fabulous restaurant. The food was first class. The service was outstanding in every way. The decor is unique and they have a fantastic, subtle piano player. The staff made our experience wonderful because of their attention to every detail. We would eat there again without question. Give it a try. You will not be sorry.

SacherHotels, Geschäftsführer at Restaurant Rote Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2018

Dear reviewer "Amadeus2468",

thank you very much for visiting our Rote Bar restaurant. It was our pleasure having you with us. I am very pleased to hear that we were able to delight you with our menu and how much you enjoyed the atmosphere there.
I will forward your compliments about our staff and the service and I am sure our team will be very much encouraged by your wonderful remarks.

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us and it would be our pleasure to welcome you soon again.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

This restaurant was truly wonderful. Small, intimate and distinctly Austrian, it evokes the feel of old world Vienna. We sampled caviar egg, steak tartare, fried chicken and schnitzel. It was all over the top wonderful. Service was excellent. The waiters and waitresses took great care of us, making sure we were attended to. A real treat.

SacherHotels, Geschäftsführer at Restaurant Rote Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2018

Dear reviewer "emc8760",

I would like to thank you very much for your wonderful review regarding your recent visit at the Rote Bar restaurant. It is a real pleasure to receive such a personal and sublime feedback and I am very much looking forward to share your compliments with our team.

I am delighted to hear how much you enjoyed the evening, the menu and our service.

It was our pleasure having you with us and we hope to welcome you soon again.

We wish you all the very best and remain

with kind regards,

Reviewed 20 June 2018

The Sacher Rote Bar is a 12-15 tables restaurant which has a great history. We went there on weeknight after making a reservation weeks ahead. We were given a terrible table and when we asked for the empty table next to us we were told that this was 'promised' to a couple who was celebrating something. We ended up getting another table but it was not great either.

The food was not up to the reputation of the restaurant. The appetizers (goose liver and sea food soup/bouillabaise) were excellent but the main courses (Tafelspitz and the spinach dumplings) were disappointing: both the beef and the dumplings were dry and not quite as good as expected. The wine recommended by the sommelier, an Austrian dry rose was very good. The service was good but I felt that the maitre'd (a lady) was too much involved in serving food and not involved enough in running the operation smoothly. Maybe more staff is needed at the peak hours. The atmosphere is probably the greatest asset of the place if you like traditional Viennese restaurants.

The price to value ratio is not good. It is nor so much that the restaurant is terribly expensive (even though is it certainly not cheap), but at those prices I would expect better value.

1  Thank isjovin

Dear reviewer "isjovin",

first of all I would like to thank you for visiting the Rote Bar restaurant. It was our pleasure having you with us.

I am very happy to hear that we were able to delight you with our wine list as well as with the appetizers. Nevertheless I am very sorry and regret to hear that your visit was not completely satisfying and I would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused during the evening.

We take your review very serious and your feedback is essential for us, to permanently improve ourselves and to meet our guests wishes and expectations in order to grant a unique and exclusive "Sacher" experience. Therefore I would like to thank you for your detailed feedback and for sharing your experience with us.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you soon again at the Rote Bar restaurant in Vienna.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 12 June 2018

Such beautiol surroundings, reminiscent of a bygone era. Beef Wellington was superb. However, our soup - a Tafelspitz soup and a cream of asparagus soup did not live up to expectations. Our waiter and his assistant were most attentive. However, the welcome we had expected as we entered and which we were given when last we
ate at Rote Bar was lacking. It seemed as if our reservation had not been noted down.

SacherHotels, Geschäftsführer at Restaurant Rote Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2018

Dear reviewer "maryclareadam",

thank you very much for taking your time to tell us about your recent visit at our Rote Bar restaurant. I am very pleased to hear that the Beef Wellington and the attentive service were granting you an enjoyable evening. Nevertheless I regret to hear that parts of your dinner on this evening didn't meet your expectations and I would also like to apologize for any inconvenience caused during the welcoming.

Your feedback is of great importance for us as it is our aim to offer our valued guests a fantastic time at our restaurant. I would like to thank you again for sharing your review with us and it is our hope that you will give us another chance to convince you with a perfect "Sacher" experience.

Kindest regards