“Arrogant ”

Cuisines: Austrian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Mariahilf
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Group dinner with set menu. Place has nice atmosphere. Waiter forgets drinks. I had vegetarian option which looks like a second rate dish. Others had well arranged plates with a good variety of meat or fish and sides. Mine was a bit of fried cabbage shrapnel, seemed an afterthought put together disdainfully in two minutes. At checkout waiter asked "how much" tip I wanted to add on the credit card. I said none. Avoid.

Reviewed 12 January 2018 via mobile

We found this nice genuine looking place and thought we try it out for a traditional Wiener schnitzel. But we made a mistake.
We didn’t get one schnitzel but two smaller pieces. And by the looks and taste of it I believe it was deep fried and not pan fried with butter, which would have made a lot of difference.
The service was good and the waiter recommended us an white wine to go with the schnitzel, instead of the red we were planning for and this was very nice.
Unfortunately the good service doesn’t help the poorly prepared food, but without this I wouldn’t have set the grade as average.

Reviewed 14 September 2017

We are living just around the corner and are thus visiting Kaiserwalzer (2.0 or whatsoever) every few years.
Sorry to say, but the conclusion is since more than 15 years the same:
what a pity that in a nice place like that, with such a garden the owners (and they definitely changed (several times) in the past) are not able to deliver more than average Austrian cuisine with more than overstrained waiters/waitresses.
Is it a spot with bad Karma?
We know locations similar around in Vienna (and nearby) and we prefer them all (Zum Alten Fassl, Schlossgasse 21, Plachutta, Silberwirt, Ottakringer Bräu, Otto, Wiedner Bräu, ...).

Reviewed 19 August 2017

Came across this whilst walking back to our hotel. Nice garden and food was good. Prices are average though I have to say a small glass of apple juice mixed with tap water was expensive at 3.90 just a tad cheaper than an equivalent sized beer. Maybe next time we come here I will buy a small apple juice and ask for a glass of tap water and mix it myself, as other restaurants charged me a lot less for the same drink. I would certainly come here again as the food was good and typically Austrian.

Reviewed 5 July 2017

Very nice garden, great staff and food. Does get busy though, so you may need to book a table. Definitely recommend! Not far from the U4 line.