1,249 results
All reviews garden room minute walk hotel is located opera house walking distance family room quiet location excellent hotel an upgrade metro station breakfast buffet is comfortable stay schonbrunn palace rooms are small mini bar comfortable hotel yogurt
Reviewed 15 May 2011

Lady at the reception remembered that I was running in the morning and wished me luck :)
Nice, clean, simple. They gave me a pack of Gummi bears and asked me to write a review. And I did :)

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 April 2011

it is not your average traditional looking austrian hotel but it is well priced and good value for money
rooms are new and there is marble in the bathrooms
funny the choice of giving you 30 mins free internet after which you must purchase tickets
thery also have a very nice garden in the back for an al-fresco aperetivo or a for a nap on their sun chairs

Room Tip: ask for a room far from the lifts
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 April 2011

Would get a 5 if they could sort the traffic outside. Air con not yet working so windows had to be open and the street is a main drag unfortunately. Decent breakfast and cappuccinos are free and excellent. Staff pretty friendly but a bit stand offish. Living room separate from bedroom which was very nice, with 2 TVs and a good work area. Free internet but only for 30 min periods; then you had to relog on; otherwise 18 Euros a day - ouch.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank emandernie
Reviewed 3 April 2011

Staying at this hotel was comfortable and convenient, and I am very glad that we stayed there. Our room was a good size and very clean, and as it faced the courtyard, it was quiet. The bed was very comfortable. Being adapted from older buildings, elevator access is not possible to some rooms, but staff will help with luggage. There is a nice courtyard with plenty of seating for drinks and meals outdoors.

All of the staff, in every role, were very friendly and quite helpful. The breakfast buffet was good, typical fare with no surprises.

The location is not far from the tourist-focused old city centre. The underground (Green line) is a few hundred meters away. Karlsplatz is down the street, about a ten minute walk. Wien Westbahnhof is 20 or 30 minutes walk, depending on your pace.

In the immediate area of the hotel there are restaurants and cafes right out the door, and grocery shops or literally anything you might need can be found within a five or ten minute walk.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 March 2011

A lovely hotel, big modern stylish room which was spotlessly clean. Sadly spoiled by a couldn't care less mean attitude at reception. Cost of Internet expensive, but 30 mins per day free, but difficult to get on to. Bar staff would rather take private telephone calls rather than attend to guests. Breakfast very ordinary and poor value at €14. Signing in hotel poor, it took three attempts to find the lift among floor to ceiling Walls of mirrors. Would hate to be in this hotel in a fire.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
AndiLienz, Manager at Holiday Inn Vienna City, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2011

Dear guest,
I am very excited to hear such a positiv a feedback about our newly refurbished rooms. At the same time I sincerely regret that you left our hotel with such a picture of our service in mind. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience occured. As our hotel is well known for its friendly and professional service it was even more urgent for me to check what had happened.
You did not feel welcome at check-in. I immediately had an open conversation with the staff member concerned. As she is new I made her aware of how this was perceived. When she heard this she was very sorry because this was not her intention at all. She promised to pay more attention to her behaviour so that our guests also feel that she cares - something she really does.
Concerning the poor signing I am very grateful for your feedback. As you stayed in the newly refurbished part of the hotel sections of the signing are still to be completed. The way to the elevator is indeed part of this. I am very sorry for the inconvenience caused but can at the same time promise you that this will be finished soon. I am also thankful for letting us know you impressions about the mirrors and we will certainly consider this in taking additional measures. Our hotel does however comply with all official Austrian regulations as well as the strict Holiday Inn fire & life safety standards.
Concerning the bar staff taking private phone calls I am very glad to have the occasion to explain the situation. Knowing both sides of the story it made me smile a little bit. I hope you will understand why. The phone she was using is the mobile hotel phone. When you walked into the restaurant our chef saw you and called the service lady to tell her that you were in the restaurant. He did this because our service staff sometimes have to finish routine jobs outside of the restaurant area. When you came to the bar and saw her on the phone she was just talking to chef who told her that you were in the restaurant. Unfortunately you left so quickly that she could not welcome you anymore even after finishing the phone call right away. I hope we will have another occasion to show you that it is our pleasure to welcome you at the restaurant.

With regards to cost of internet and breakfast I am honestly convinced that the price for the offer is absolutely correct. For private person a charge for internet of 18 Euros for 24 hours might seem expensive comparing it with offers for private homes. It is not however if you know how much the entire technical system cost. A similar argument is valid for our breakfast. If you have breakfast in a bar in Vienna or elsewhere you are easily charged 12-15 Euros for a breakfast where no buffet is offered and drinks are often charged additinally. Even though space is limited our "all you can eat" buffet breakfast is offering a big selection of food and I know that it does meet up with other hotel offerings as well as brunch offers in popular bars and caffees in Vienna. I understand however that it is not the right choice for comebody who only has a croissant and a cup of coffee in the morning.

Dear guest, I very much value your comments. As you still recommended our hotel my team and I hope to welcome you again soon. We will make sure that your experience will be better next time. For any further comments or suggestions please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Yours sincerely,