“Awesome Hospitality, friendly staff, nice room with free wifi,excellent breakfast,value for money-”

Holiday Inn Vienna City
Ranked #57 of 359 Hotels in Vienna
Reviewed 31 May 2011

I visited Vienna, Austria for the first time (13 May- 17 May 2011. )Travelled alone from Manila-Doha-Vienna after a 16 hour flight, exhausted and sleepy, took a cab with only one address in mind. Holiday Inn Vienna City. I had to memorise the address as this is not an English speaking country but knowing that I will be billeted at Holiday Inn I felt really secured and confident that I am in good hands. I have been to a several Holiday Inn Hotels such as in Barcelona and Paris and I really felt that I am home whenever i set foot in the hotel. Front Desk people are always friendly and accommodating. In Vienna City, the staff who assisted me was very helpful , I arrived really early and my room was not ready but she did her best to find a room for me and gave me alternative place to freshen up and rest while my room is being cleaned. Everything you need in a hassle free stay is present in the hotel. It was raining in Vienna and they had umbrella ready for the guests. They offer excellent breakfast from pastries to cereals to yogurt and the famous salami and sausages. They also have free WIFI. The rooms are neat, and clean with complete amenities of a luxury hotel except that the room is smaller. But it is value for money .... The location is close to the train station , the famous Nasmarkt. and a convenient store/supermarket (Billa).

Room Tip: I like the rooms facing the garden- :)
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,143)

Reviewed 28 May 2011

Especially in summer, find a place with a working air conditioner. I am a loyal holiday inn guy, platinum priotity club, and this was a total disappointment. You'd think that they would offer a new room or some assistance, but they did not. The location is ok, but there are MUCH better values to find in Vienna. Take this from a guy who stays in ICH brand hotels wherever he goes...... You can do better.

They also nickel and dime for everything, even as a platinum member.

Room Tip: Find somewhere else to stay
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kool8d
AndiLienz, Manager at Holiday Inn Vienna City, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2011

Dear Kool8d,
Thank you for taking the time to write this comment. I very much regret that we did not manage to see you leave our hotel with good memories and therefore immediately went to check with my team to reconstruct the happenings. However your feedback left us puzzled. It is true that the air conditioning was not working the first night and I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused to you. At the same time you write that we were not willing to offer you any assistance - a point I do not agree with.
On your arrival day the air conditioning in your room was indeed not working. As we could not fix it the same day (Sunday) we put a ventilator into your room as well as bottle of cold mineral water to make the night as comfortable as possible. We also did consider a room move. Unfortunately this was not possible because we were fully booked that same night. In my opinion this shows that we did offer you assistance by offering you as many options as possible at that moment.
The next day (Monday) the engineers were called and they discovered that the issue was linked to a mistake of one of craftsmen during the recent refurbishment in winter. In any case the problem was fixed immediately so that on Monday night as well as during the rest of your stay the air conditioning was working.
Dear guest, I very much regret the inconvenience caused to you and I would be very happy to discuss this matter further if you wish. It would also help me to better understand what had gone wrong and to improve our service for the future.

Yours sincerely,

Andrej Wimmer

Reviewed 25 May 2011

We were reaching vienne by nine in the morning and had requested a early checkin..but were doubtful being a busy tourist season...but on arrival and reminding the desk of our request,,,were pleasently surprised when the lady across smiled and said your room is ready sir you can checkin immediatly.
we are a senior couple and the care and the hospitality of staff has had us not only recommending this hotel...but their personal care is very much like home. It was our first trip and thus the location was perfect very central.
The top rooms are the best..very spacious and well lit.The staff very caring and delivering room service within minutes
The food is just great...one cannot ask for more away from home. all I can say is Going to Vienna...Just go to Holiday Inn....Leave the rest to them...they know how to take care of you.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 May 2011

Lady at the reception remembered that I was running in the morning and wished me luck :)
Nice, clean, simple. They gave me a pack of Gummi bears and asked me to write a review. And I did :)

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 April 2011

it is not your average traditional looking austrian hotel but it is well priced and good value for money
rooms are new and there is marble in the bathrooms
funny the choice of giving you 30 mins free internet after which you must purchase tickets
thery also have a very nice garden in the back for an al-fresco aperetivo or a for a nap on their sun chairs

Room Tip: ask for a room far from the lifts
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple